49. "Well would you look at this."

sorry for abandoning this, Heres an update!!

shout out to StrawberryKiwi7 bc I was really on the brink of deleting the whole thing

Christopher

"I guess..I guess..I will."

"Finally! My goodness Chris..I was running out of time."

When I was really young, my dad used to tell Bryson and I, if you have the chance to do the right thing, take it. Taking this money that could be used for someone's tuition, didn't seem like the right thing.

So I had to make it the right thing.

"But. I want Brianna to have it, it is for school and all."

"Christopher, I chose you."

"I know, and now I'm choosing Bria. She needs this way more than I do. I got somebody supporting me in the decisions I make, whatever they are. My dad. Bria has no one."

"Are you sure..? This is a lot of money-"

"I've made my mind up. I'll take $1,000, the rest is hers."

"Okay...I guess it's your choice. But- well I still need your picture for the OLC. I think they're putting them in the newspapers, follow me to the back?"

"Yeah." I got up with her, and she led me to a in the back of the library.

When she flipped on the light switch, there was one of those giant checks people get on TV, as well as some colorful balloons.

"We were gonna do a big surprise thing for you, but you haven't been here in who knows how long."

"Amy you know I've been busy."

"I know...here, hold this, and at least pretend to be excited?" She said, giving me the check and fiddling around her desk for the camera.

"I am excited..just overwhelmed."

In my mind there was still a million things going on. Something about this was off. It seemed so all of a sudden.

I looked down at the giant check, written for $50,000, then it hit me. I looked at the name written in large cursive letters. Adrian Roosevelt.

"Amy..who is Adrian?"

"Adrian?!" She saud, turning around startled.

"Yes. The name on the check."

"Oh..I.."

"Be honest. I wasn't your first choice for this."

She sighed, finally facing me. There was a red tint to her face, which confirmed my theory before she even spoke a word.

"Okay. So there was another student. But he moved to the Europe! And you were the only second person I could think of-"

"So all that I saw something in you nonsense was a lie, right?"

"No! I promise I meant that. If it was all a lie I would have just given it to any random student who walked in here. But the deadline is soon, and someone has to take it."

Even with my dad's words lingering in my head, telling me do the right thing— my Mom's words began to drown him out. "Money is money."

And even louder than that, Bria in my head cussing me out for fumbling a bag.

"Aight. Fine by me." I said holding up the check, forcing a smile as she took a few pictures.

"I promise you won't regret this." She said, handing me a normal sized, paper check, with my name over a removed Adrian's.