22: "Promise you won't tell?"

Bria

I woke up feeling shitty, I was went into Forest's room to wake him up for school, but he was feeling sick.

"Will you stay with me Brianna?"

" I can't bud I have to go to school. Will you be okay here with just Greg and Noah?"

"No! Please don't leave!"

He was never this attached to me, he sounded as if he was on the verge of tears.

"Forest I can't, why are you so upset?"

"He's probably just gonna miss you." I heard Noah's voice behind me. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him." He said assuring me.

I looked at Forest, who was now frowning.

"I'll tell you what. How about you go to school, and if you feel too sick me and Chris will pick you up, cool?"

"Ok."

Noah mumbled something and went downstairs, Forest looked relieved..weird.

"Okay, get dressed." I said about to leave his room.

"Wait! Bria.."

"Yeah?"

"Um..I-..never mind."

Chris

I woke up to yelling and screaming.

"I told you Christian! I was working!!"

"All you do is work now! You're never home! Christopher's Mom died last night, did you know that?! I had to comfort him by myself!"

"It's not my job to comfort your son!"

"But it's your job to comfort me! Alex admit it! You're lying to me about where you go!"

I decided to get up, put some clothes on, grab my sketchbook and get out of here, this isn't what I need right now.

They were arguing in the living room, so I did my best to grab my keys and sneak past. Alex must've caught a glimpse of me because he began yelling again, making me stop in my in my tracks.

"Now look, you woke up Chris with your bullshit!"

"My bullshit?! REALLY ALEX?"

"Yes really! Since you won't leave me alone about it..YES! I cheated! Alright?! I'm having an affair! And the only reason why is because ever since your son came, you haven't been paying me as much attention."

I did it again. This is my fault. Why do I have to ruin everything?

I quickly left out the front door , trying not to think about what Alex just said. I didn't know where I was driving to, but I had to leave here.

I ended up at outside the library. I used to walk here from my house to relax when my mom would trip out..I never thought I'd be coming here to get away from my dad.

I walked in where Amy, the lady at the front desk greeted me.

"Christopher? We missed you around here, where've you been?"

"Yeah it's been a while. I've been pretty busy."

"Well your table is open for you always sweetheart." She said referring to the table in the corner I used to always sit at.

I walked to the table and saw a girl who looked a bit younger than me sitting down. She looked up at me and was startled.

"Oh is this where you sit usually? I-I'm sorry, I'll move."