7. "Just for tonight."

Bria

It's been about two weeks since me and Christopher began this fake dating thing, and honestly it's been exhausting. I can't wait until this is all over.

Christopher had no problem playing his role as a fake boyfriend, he went out of his way to call me nicknames around other people, kept his arm around me, overall phoniness.

School was hectic, but there was one part of the day I looked forward to. After school I was president of the prom committee, and it was always the most exciting part of each day. Today specifically, Christopher decided to stay after school also. He claims it's because he wants to help with prom set up..but I believe there's a different reason he didn't want to go home.

I get it. If it weren't for Forest I'd avoid home a lot too, maybe all this prom stuff is my escape from my real life.

"So what can I help with?" Christopher said standing around awkwardly.

"Why are you asking me?"

"Uhh because you're the president?"

"Just go lift something heavy, I don't know." I said shooing him away.

"That's no way to treat your boyfriend." Lincoln, Vice President of our committee said, with a smirk.

Since my sophomore year I had the biggest crush on him.

"I don't need advice from you Lincoln." I said trying to conceal my smile.

"Chris is really lucky to have a girl with such a beautiful smile." He said quietly so no one else in the gym would hear. Lord please let Christopher fake break up with me soon..

"Bria! I'm done lifting." Christopher said smiling , ruining the brief moment between Lincoln and I.

I sighed, walking over to him.

"Are you annoyed with me? Like am I doing something wrong to you-"

"Could you stop it Chris? You know why we're doing this, I know why we're doing this— so what's the point for all the theatrics? We aren't...friends.." I said, waning off at the end.

He looked away from me.

"Well maybe I thought we could try." He said in a tone I hadn't heard from him in weeks. He left the gym, letting the door slam causing everyone to stare at me.

"Yikes.." I heard one girl whisper.

My heart began to race. I hated having attention on me, I also hated that I'd hurt Christopher. He's just so..confusing. This is all confusing.

"You ok Bria?" I heard Lincoln say behind me.

"I'm fine." I said, turning to face him,

"I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend!" I confessed to him in frustration.

"What? He's not?"

"Its a lie, Lincoln. It's all because of a stupid rumor about Christopher that I doubt is even true. And now he's acting...weird. I don't know how to feel."