33. 4:30 PM

Chris

That quick.

Bria is a quite attractive girl, it wasn't surprising that someone had already pursued her..but a $90 pair of shoes? That means this nigga has money. Do I even stand a chance?

Bria isn't a gold digger..but she likes gestures like that. I have competition.

Suddenly, I saw devyn. Strutting over to the table like she owned something.

"Why are you here?" She groaned.

"Devyn please get your toad lookin ass the fuck on somewhere-"

"Chris relax. To be honest with you Devyn, we made up."

"I wasted all that money on your outfit— oh hell nah I'm returning this." She said grabbing the H&M bag.

"Ugh but you looked so good in it. Fine, keep it. But I'm taking my food and going. Catch a ride from your boo." She said giving the bag back and grabbing hers, before grabbing her food and walking away.

"How did you hang out with her?" I asked.

"I don't know..she was empathetic toward me I guess."

"Empathetic, huh? I didn't know she could even successfully be relatively nice. I guess it's a good thing I get to spend a little time with you. I need to get some shit off my chest."

"Where are we going after this?"

"There's a few places I'd like to go." I said finishing Bria's food. "You ready?" I asked grabbing her bags for her.

"Alright." She agreed.

Bria

Chris refused to tell me where our first destination was, and when he claimed for us to be five minutes away..he made me close my eyes.

"What kind of surprise is this?" I asked.

"You'll see."

"Am I gonna like this surprise?" I smiled.

"Eh."

"What the hell does that-" I opened my eyes and saw the apartments I previously lived in with Forest.

"What the fuck?! Why are we here?" I asked him as he parked.

"You need to talk to her."

"No I don't, she's dead to me."

"Don't say that. Talk to her, you only get one mom Brianna. Go talk to her, just for a little."

I groaned. I needed to do this, I just didn't prepare to do it now.

I got out the car and walked down to my old home. I knocked on the door, having had thrown my keys at her during our fight.

It was silent at first, but footsteps made their way to the door. A man opened it, he looked roughly in his 40's.

"Uh..."

"I'm here to speak to my mother."

"You're Brianna? Such a pretty thing..it's a shame your mom-"

"Can I speak to her or not?"

He called out to her, and she came to the door in a robe.

"You." She said.

"I think we should talk. I didn't think to bring Forest by but-"

"I told you I honestly don't care to see you or Forest, it's just less mouths to feed. I heard your staying with Gregory?"

I wanna choke this bitch.

"Listen, I want to fix our relationship. Could we at least do that?"

"For? You fought me and called you a bitch. I told you to never come back. Take care of that lil boy. Neither of y'all my kids or my responsibility anymore. You can see yourself off of the property. Your little fast ass boyfriend too."

I didn't get angry, I didn't cry, I just stared.

"If you didn't want us you shouldn't have had us. Cunt." I said dropping my drink on her feet and walking back to Christopher's car.

I got in the car and slammed the door.

"How did it go-"

"Take me to Forests school." muttered.

I texted Trey's Mom, letting her know that I'd be there to get him from the  after school program he was in instead of her having to.

"A-Alright."

The car ride was completely silent, I could tell Chris was wondering what had happened when I was speaking to my mother. Not once did he ask.

We arrived to Forest's school and without saying anything, I got out the car and went inside.

"Are you here for a pickup or a conference ma'am?" The woman at the front desk asked.

"Pickup. Forest Hudson?"

"Just a moment. You can take a seat while you wait."

I sighed and took a seat in one of the chairs.

"Send up Forest Hudson for pick up." The woman said on the phone. "Are you sure? Alright..I'll be sure to let her know."

"Uh, Miss?" The woman called out to me.

"Yeah..?"

"Forest has already been picked up." She said.

"Ohh, maybe Trey's mother got him." I said shrugging.

"You can check the name if you'd like?" The woman said sliding a sign out sheet to the edge of the desk.

I scanned the sheet, just to be sure.

Child Name | Picked up By | Time
Salem Wood | Kimberly Wood | 4:15
Noel Fern      | Adonis Fern         | 4:25
Forest Hudson | Noah Hudson | 4:30

No..

a/n:
y'all want another update tomorrow? 🤔 nahh I don't think so