Chapter 12: Fortress of Beach Chairs

Hello minna!

We did it. 1K reads. I. Almost. Died.

Haha....anyways, thanks a ton for reading. Could not have done it without you guys and gals.

I want to dedicate this chapter to KarenAnnParducho. I am in love with your stories.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

-MustacheNarwhalz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~No One's POV~

Usually, when Fairy Tail was at the beach, all hell would break loose. Gray and Natsu would be fighting and challenging one another to bizarre contests.

Juvia would usually be stalking her precious Gray and attempting to get him to notice her, but in the end, failing.

Gajeel would be sulking in the corner alone. Or with his buddy Pantherlily.

Erza would be threatening the people passing by her with one of her many swords and making children cry.

While Lucy, Levy, and Wendy would be acting like normal people at the beach. Meaning they would be running up and down the beach with one another, giggling and playing games.

However, today was not like that. All of the girls had bunged together in front of the crashing waves. They all sat in a circle in the shallow part of the beach.

The men had done something even more stupid than usual. They had built a fort-out of beach chairs. All of the boys sat inside the fortress and watched the girls....like stalkers.

~Levy's POV~

Lucy leaned her head back and stared up into the blue sky. She let out a Lon sigh and snapped back to reality, "I really love the beach."

We all nodded in agreement. Wendy chirped, "When was the last time we all came here together?" Carla sat in Wendy's lap, curled up like a ball.

"Training before the Grand Magic Games..." I huffed. We all laid down in the ocean, letting the water cover our bodies.

"That was the worst..." Erza grumbled. I still remembered the pain of the second origin. The haunting memory floated through our heads.

Everyone recoiled at the thought, except for a very confused looking Mira and Lisanna. They sent me a questioning look.

I waved my hand in front of their face, "I'll tell you later."

There was a period of silence as we all stared up at the fluffy clouds swirling in the sky.

The silence was interrupted by Mira giggling. "What's so funny?" Lucy asked her, pursing her lips together.

Mira simply smirked and nudged Juvia with her elbow. She leaned closer and whispered to us, "I think my advice worked too well." She pointed behind us.

That's when I saw it. The most childish fort built entirely of beach chairs. And filled with complete idiots.

"They're watching us..."I shuttered. Although we could obviously see all the guys, Gajeel was sticking at the most. His spiky black hair poked up at different angles, making in even more easy to spot him.

All the boys then crouched down and crowded together.

~Gray's POV~

"Shit. I think they spotted us." Jellal hissed at us.

"Yeah, we know." Natsu rolled his eyes at him.

Romeo raised his hand, "What do we do now?" Good question. A question to which I have no anwser.

Jellal leaned backwards and crossed his arms over his bare chest. "How 'bout we just ask them to join us in, I dunno, a volleyball game?"

"Fine, but whose gonna ask?" Gajeel sneered.

Unfortunately, all heads turned to me. Natsu was wearing a sinister grin.

"W-what? Why me?" I angrily whispered at them. I furrowed my eye brows.

"Because you need to get Juvia to go back to normal, anyway." Natsu protested. I hate him so much.

Before I could reply, the guys grabbed me by my arms. Next thing I knew, I was sitting out in the open, with my butt stinging. Sand may seem soft, but getting chucked on to it can still hurt.

I stood up and brushed the sand off my knees and swim suit. I glanced at the girls and instantly froze. They all were just staring-or glaring- at me.

I hesitated before heading over to them. Without thinking, I went right behind Juvia. Instead of looking at me, like the others, she stared off into the ocean.

I cleared my throat. "H-hello ladies." I was secretly hoping for her to look up at me. She didn't. I sighed. I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice.

"J-Juvia." I turned so I wasn't looking at her. But I could tell he was looking at me now. "You look c-cute in your swim suit..." I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

My cheeks kept threatening to turn bright red. I heard a collection of 'Awww's from nosy people watching the whole scene. That didn't help with my blushing.

"A-anyway," I interupted, trying to change the topic, "The guys and I were wondering if you, I dunno, wanted to join us in a game of.... volleyball?" I pointed behind me at the fort of idiots.

"Oh sure!" Mira beamed. The rest of the girls shot her questioning looks, but she just ignored them. "Can I pick the teams?"

"Uh, sure I guess." I blinked at her. By now, the guys began to emerge from the fort and were now heading over to us. "Mira is choosing our teams."

It looked like all the girls were horrified by Mira having so much power. I wonder why.

"Don't"

"You"

"Dare"

The girls hissed at Mira. She grinned at them and turned back to us. "Teams of two, correct?" We nodded.

"Okay so the teams are..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh wow, I wonder what the teams are! *extreme sarcasm*

SORRY THAT IT WAS SHORT!

Okay, once again, thanks so much for all your support. I love y'all readers.

Sorry for the late update. I am very unlucky and I had to rewrite this chapter. Twice. My phone kept deleting the chapter.

-MustacheNarwhalz