Chapter 49: Gajeel's Present

Hello minna~

Sorry for the late update. I've been busy binging Horror movies and reading Blood of Olympus. No spoilers!

Also here's a tip, do not try to blast 'Spooky Scary Skeletons' from an intense speaker with it pointing at your family members, or outside the window.

Bad things will happen to good people. And the bad people. Just don't do that.

*GERMAN SURPLEX*

Warning for language in this chapter and a creepy pervert.

-MustacheNarwhalz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Levy's POV~

Lucy and I started dragging the boys onto the dock. Unfortunately for us, after Juvia and Gray attacked us, the two dragon slayers had worn off their Troia.

I was pulling Gajeel by his arms, which believe me was difficult enough. Lucy was almost carelessly tugging on Natsu's scarf. She must of dealt with this type of problem a lot with him.

"Levy-chan, are you sure you can pull him?" She suddenly asked me. I gave her a small, embarrassed smile.

I nodded, "Yeah, I can totally, ugh, do this. He's just a little, ugh, heavy..." I grunted with each step. I doubted he was even trying to help me.

"Shrimp," He groaned in pain. Gajeel was slowly getting his health back. "I think I'm going to die."

Or maybe not.

"You are not going to die, idiot." I rolled my eyes. At first glance, I doubt anyone would peg Gajeel for the dramatic type. But here he is.

He let out a deep sigh, "I totally will. Levy, listen." I stiffened as he said my name. "When I die, I want to leave this world with no regrets."

"A-alright." I stammered. Lucy sent me a smile before lugging Natsu with the others.

"So I want to tell you..."

My heart pounded so loud in my chest that I could here it ringing in my ears. Did he actually think he was going to die? I stopped in my tracks and stared ahead of me, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"W-what?"

"That you should probably work on your magic. Your iron tastes terrible." He stared at me with an expression of seriousness. And possibly pity.

All the embarrassment that I once had melted away in the air and was replaced with pure anger. "Idiot!", I cried put as I kicked him into the ocean.

I watched him sputter around as he gasped for breath before turning on my heel and stomping off towards a laughing Lucy.

"Ah, crap!" I heard him shout to me. "It was a joke. Shrimp!" I spent the moments before striking up a conversation with Lucy debating whether I should show him my middle finger.

________________________________

"He did what?",the girls gawked at me. I had just finished telling them what Gajeel had done. We were gathered around the living room, patiently waiting for our dinner to finish baking. I could practically smell the seasoned chicken that was occupying the oven.

Juvia and Lisanna seemed somewhat bewildered by his actions, while Lucy and Erza looked as if they were already planning Gajeel's murder. "How dare he joke around with a young maiden's heart. Does he not know how fragile our dear Levy is?"