Chapter 14: Painful Volleyball

Hiya Minna!

I am back. From crying. A lot. Just finished Fault in our Stars! No spoilers, don't worry!

I need help and comfort. My mom thought I was dead. She came into my room and I was in the corner of the room, not moving a muscle.

So my friend, the anime one, started watching Ouran High School Host Club and has now claimed all of our friends are characters from the show. It's creepy how similar they are. She is apparently Tamaki and I'm Haruhi.

Ignoring that, time for the tournament. Honestly, I spent like, 3 hours trying to figure out who the winner should be. So freaking hard.

ALSO, I AM SORRY IF I OFFEND ANY VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS. I DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THE SPORT. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

FORGIVE ME~

-MustacheNarwhalz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Levy's POV~

I stood in a 'ready stance' next to Gajeel. My knees bent slightly, legs shoulder width apart. My hands were positioned to be ready to hit the ball.

Across the volleyball net was a terrifying-looking Jellal and Erza. Or Team JeRza.

I was having a legitimate fear of those two. I've seen how strong and tough Erza was, and Lucy and Natsu had told me before about Jellal's power, like at the Tower of Heaven.

Gajeel looked pretty serious about this game. He must know how strong out competitors are. I could tell he was nervous.

Jellal held the volleyball with his right hand. He tossed it into the air and slammed his wrist into the side.

The ball shot towards us. I was about to get hit in the face with the ball when Gajeel jumped in front of me and hit the ball over the net.

"Thanks" I muttered to him. He smiled back at me then went back to his spot.

The game kept going on like that. The white ball bounced backwards and forwards across the net.

That was when it was tied. 18 points to 18 points. 20 points are needed to win. It was their serve.

Jellal tossed the ball into the sky. As it plummeted back to the ground, Jellal slammed his hand into the ball.

"Good luck!" I heard behind me. I glanced behind me to see who was speaking. Big mistake.

Before I knew it, pain spread through my entire stomach. I gasped for breathe and my body flung backwards. I felt the sand underneath my back.

Spots dotted my vision. Can't black out. Can't black out.

"LEVY! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!" I heard a familiar voice scream. Then everything went black.
--------------------------------------------

I woke up on the beach. We were far away from the volley ball net. I sat in a comfortable beach chair. A thick red umbrella stood over me. As well as the entire guild.

"Guys, she's awake!" Mira screamed towards the others.

"Oh thank god!"

"You scared us half to death"

"Are you feeling alright?"

I sat up in my chair. "Wait, what happened?" I asked the group. They all stared questioningly at me.

"...Well. During the game, Jellal hit the ball into your gut." Mira explained.

I suddenly remember the pain from the ball. I cringed and looked down at my stomach hesitantly. Where I expected there to be a large purplish-greenish bruise there was just my bare chest.

I glanced up and saw Wendy with her hand slightly raised. "I healed you right after. You should feeling fine soon, Levy-san"

I nodded my head as a thank you. Mira continued the story, " After that, Wendy and I rushed over and treated your wounds. Although the game still went on..."

"What about Gajeel?" I interrupted. I was worries about him. I remembered what he had said right before I fainted.

Gray was the one to answer, "Well, you see, after you got injured, Gajeel kinda went all 'Hulk' on Erza and Jellal. Your team definitely won."

I blushed at the thought of Gajeel getting so angry about me getting hurt. "W-where is he?" I asked.

Pantherlily walked up to my chair. "Natsu and Romeo took him away to calm him down. He couldn't exactly act calm whenever he saw you so bruised."

I swear my face can't stop blushing. Jellal and Erza awkwardly stood up. Jellal had a few bandages on his arm. "We're real sorry about what happened. We had absolutely no intention of hurting you." Jellal apologized.

"It's fine, really. I'm okay!" I wanted to change the topic. Then the thought of the other matches came to my mind, "So, what were the other matches?"

Everyone perked up at the question. All looked eager to answer my question. Happy was the one who answered. "There was a game of Team NaLu versus Team GruVia. In which, after forever, Team NaLu won!"

Lucy glared back at the blue exceed, "Would you quit it with then weird team name?! I feel like it has some other meaning!" She snapped.

"What about the other match?" I asked, before Lucy could complain any further.

"That was Romeo and Wendy versus Happy and Carla-" Erza tried to say.

"USE THE TEAM NAMES!" Happy and Mira screamed at the red head.

"Fine. Team RoWen versus Team...Exceeds?" She hesitated, "Anyway, Team RoWen won."

"So what now?" I continued. I am just full of questions today.

"Well, we all agreed that you shouldn't play in your condition, so your team forfeits. Also, no one feels too keen on Natsu fighting against Romeo and Wendy." Erza explains.

"So the tournament is over?" I interrupt.

"Basically" She nods.

"I guess it wasn't such a great idea after all." Mirajane mutters to herself.

Lisanna pats her sulking sister on the back. "Maybe we should go back to the hotel now." She suggests.

Then, we all pack up our things and head back to the hotel. After, movie time!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! Please forgive me.

I hoped you guys liked this chapter. I thought of writing about the other matches. But then I realized I stunk at writing sports!

So, next chapter will be about the movies!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!

Thanks!

-MustacheNarwhalz