Chapter 35: The Need

Harry's sleep was agitated and restless, which meant mine was about the same since he was still sleeping in my bed

Harry's sleep was agitated and restless, which meant mine was about the same since he was still sleeping in my bed. I felt awful for him; so much of his protected, innocent life had changed in a matter of mere hours. In a heartbeat, he found out who his mother and father were and lost them in the same heartbeat, finding out they were dead. It was well after midnight when I realized he hadn't had his meds either.

I got up to retrieve the pill box from my bathroom cabinet but I gasped in frustration when I remembered that it had been taken by one of Theodore's employees and I didn't remember it coming back to the suite. I searched everywhere I thought it could possibly be in case someone had brought it in when Harry and I had been sleeping. I became frantic, considering the consequences of him not having the pills he'd been taking. But I refused to let Harry see my anxiety so I calmly went back into the bedroom and told him, "I can't find your pills right now, so you might have trouble sleeping tonight, but I'll try to find them tomorrow."

"Oh, okay," he said.

"If you take off your shirt, I'll rub your back," I told him. He did and laid on his stomach. I sat next to him and rubbed and scratched along his smooth, warm skin for a long time, savoring this closeness with him. He settled but I suspected he wasn't sleeping, even after close to half an hour of soothing massage.

I laid down and tried to sleep but it wasn't long before he started shuffling again. "I'm sorry you can't sleep, baby. Do you want to get up and watch something on TV?" I asked. "Or I could find something on my...oh crap. Theodore took my laptop. So, TV?"

"Okay," he agreed and we walked hand in hand to the TV room. I sat sideways on the couch with one leg along the back and one leg on the floor. I motioned for Harry to sit in front of me and lean his weight against me. Once he was comfortable, I flipped on the TV and we found that there was no cable. Right - no wifi. Harry got up and put in a cartoon DVD.

When he sat back down, I lightly ran my nails up and down his arms and his torso. It was as much for his relaxation as for my enjoyment. I loved being able to touch him like this without fear of repercussions. It occurred to me that Theodore could have lied about a nanny cam in this room but even if he saw us, I would welcome the opportunity to tell him off.

We grew bored of cartoons rather quickly and we went back to my room. We climbed into bed and I nonchalantly said, "Well, we can always kiss some more." I winked at him and he blushed fiercely. "Come here," I said when were back under the covers. He was the first to close in on me, capturing my lips, still a bit unpracticed but very sweet nonetheless.

I rolled onto my back and he hovered over me, kissing me softly and then more firmly. As he lingered against my lips, I slipped the tip of my tongue between his and he pulled back at first, giggling. But then he resumed the kiss and when I slipped my tongue against his again, he learned what the fuss was all about. A slight moan emanated from his throat and I replied with my own.