Six

Zach

It was quiet that morning at breakfast. We were all caught up on what could happen after the words "I am gay" come out of my mouth to the public.

"I have an idea." Daniel says, standing up. "Do you all know the song Same Love by Macklemore? Zach should sing it. And then at the end, Zach says that he is gay."

I nod and sigh. "I guess that will work. We can have Corbyn or you in the background playing the guitar."

"Works for me." Corbyn says taking another bite of his poptart.

"Well, I should start working on my vocals." I mumble walking into the living room. I sat down and saw that Jack followed me.

"I can help you with your vocals." He said, sitting next to me. My stomach filled with butterflies again and I blushed. Luckily for my normally rosy cheeks, it was unnoticeable.

"Okay." I say. He starts off with the easy 'bum's up and down the scale.

We work on vocals for about an hour, and then I memorize the part of the song I was going to sing.

By this time, it was 7 o'clock. I ate for supper, but now as I sit in front of the camera, I think it was a bad idea. I felt as if I was going to throw up right then and there.

"I don't know if I can do this." I say quickly, standing up from the spot on my bed. I turn to look at the boys who stand behind the camera.

"Zach, it is better you do it now instead of later. Especially if you don't want people finding out themselves." Jonah says.

"We will be right here the whole time." Jack says meeting my eyes. My stomach does that familiar butterfly feeling as he continues. "I promise."

I smile at them and nod. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Okay, I'm ready." I say sitting down on my spot on the bed.

Corbyn messes with the camera and after a while he gives me a thumbs up as if signaling that it is recording.

"Hey guys. I will be singing a song some of you may have heard. If you know it, then you probably know where this is heading." My eyes flick up to Daniel as if telling him to play. He starts up the song and I smile and look down at m lap.

Some parts of the song stood out to me because they were true.

"The right-wing conservatives think it's a decision, and you can be cured with some treatment and religion."

"And 'God loves all his children' is somehow forgotten, but we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago."

"If you preach hate at the service those words aren't anointed, that holy water you soak in has been poisoned."

"When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen."

"No freedom 'til we're equal, dang right I support it."

"When kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart. A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are."

"Whatever God you believe in, we come from the same one."

As I finish I look down and sigh. I look back up at the camera and speak without a quiver in my voice.

"I am gay. Some celeb exposing profile on Instagram may have gave big points to you for that. Also on my live and during the interview. Well, here is your answer. I am gay." I finish it off and look up at the boys. Corbyn shuts it off and grabs it. Jack looks at me and smiles.

"That took guts. I'm proud of you." A small blush comes up on my cheeks but luckily it goes unnoticed.

I stand up and pass them, running out of my room and down the stairs to the back door and smiling. It was just turning sunset. I felt like a new me, my secret was off my chest. But there was one still there.

I lie down in the grass as Jonah and Jack come out. They lie down next to me until we make a circle.

"I cannot believe I just did that." I say chuckling. I close my eyes and sigh. "That felt...good."

"Better you tell people about it instead of hiding it." Daniel says.

"I'm glad it wont be weird with you guys. The fans could get some... cary thoughts." I say laughing. All of a sudden, Jack burst out laughing which makes us all start laughing. We slowly die down and we can finally speak.

"What was that for?" I ask Jack and he starts laughing again.

"So, I guess you are single and ready to flamingle." He says laughing. I laugh and turn my head to him.

"What?" I ask laughing.

"I saw this one thing. It was a picture of a flamingo on the water and it said, 'Single and ready to flamingle.'" He says laughing. We all chuckle and then hear a snap of a camera. We look over to August looking at us with a camera.

"I thought I would take your picture." He says walking back inside. I sit up and sigh with a small chuckle.

"I want ice cream." I say standing up. I look down at the boys and they get up. We all walk into the house and I grab the keys.

"Can I drive?" I ask them. They all look at each other but Jonah is the only one who speaks.

"Probably not..." He says grabbing the keys out of my hand and runs to the car. I run after him trying to grab the keys as he unlocks it and opens it. I sigh as I hop into the back it wasn't the van, so there was exactly enough seats.

I sat on the edge with Jack in the middle and Daniel on the other side. As we drove to the ice cream place, we listened to music. During one of the songs, Jack turned to me and smiled with a small laugh. I laughed back at him with the butterflies in my stomach and the small blush on my cheeks.

 I laughed back at him with the butterflies in my stomach and the small blush on my cheeks

Liked by Mama.Herron, ImReeseHerron, and 599,473 others

WhyDon'tWeMusic Jack said something stupid about flamingoes and being single and August came up and took this picture😂 Tagged: JackAveryMusic, JonahMarais, CorbynBesson, SeaveyDaniel, ImZachHerron, HelloImAugust

Username42 I saw the video...
Mama.Herron Proud of you @ImZachHerron
U5ernam I love you all ❤
Username69 I'm single and ready to flamingle
JackAveryMusic @Username69 That's what the joke was 😂

--
I love the support! So far, I have had 100 or close to 100 reads per chapter. I had this done a day early, so tomorrow night I will be posting chapter four. Two chapters ahead is confusing. Anyways, my schedule is:

Update: Monday afternoon, Thursday night/Friday morning

Word Count: 1166