Forty-Two

Zach

I spun in my chair to give Sydnie a glare at what she said, but Jack dismissed it. He was too in awe about who was standing at the door. I turned to face them too, a sheepish look on my face.

"Is this the real reason you visited?" Jack's mother said. He gulped and nodded his head, changing his look from his mother to the floor.

His voice was soft as he said, "I'm sorry, mom." She sighed and walked over to us, and gave him a small hug. He gave her a tight hug back, happy that she was accepting of him. When she pulled away, she gave me a small grin.

"Be good on him. Don't break his heart." She planted a soft kiss on my forehead and wrapped her arms around me for a short second, in an embrace I loved. As I said, she was always like another mother to me, so it felt like home.

"I plan on it," I say with a smile. She gives a chuckle and sits down at the table with us. She immediately takes a sip of her coffee that she left on the table. She looked between Jack and I before she started to speak.

"So, are you guys official yet?" I shook my head sadly and looked over to Jack as he spoke up.

"Not yet." He said with a smile, placing his arm on my shoulders. I blushed and looked down. We haven't thought about asking each other out much. It had just crossed our mind once or twice, but we haven't officially asked yet.

"We planned on telling everyone about Jack before we started the relationship. That is why we came here. To tell you guys. But now it is only Jack's father and two other sisters to tell." I spoke with a smile. She reached her hand over to put on top of mine and gave me a soft smile.

"Well," Sydnie said. "You still need to tell the girls and Darrin first-" The door suddenly opened and Darrin, Jack's step-father, walked in.

"What do you need to tell me and the younger girls?" He asked, stepping over to the cupboard and grabbing a glass. Jack sighed before resting his head on the table.

"Might as well get Ava and Isla in here." He rose his head and turned to me with a smile. "Can you get them? Please?"

I nodded and gave him a smile before I headed out into the living room, seeing Isla watching TV. I came up behind the couch and poked Isla, making her turn to me.

"Yes, Zach?" She asks leaning over the back end of the couch. I smiled and lifted her over the couch, and when I set her down I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Jack wants you in the kitchen. I'm going to go get Ava." She nodded and leaped into the kitchen. I watched as she went, giving a little chuckle at the child. She is so precious.

I turned and walked over to Ava's room and brought my hand to the door, but paused before knocking. I heard her soft cries, and I immediately felt remorse for the younger teen. I didn't know why she was crying, but I knew it is probably something important to her.

"Ava?" I said after tapping my knuckles on the door.

I heard a small sniffle from her before she answered with, "Go away."

"Ava," I started. "Please open the door." I heard another sniffle and a small sigh, and the door opened. As my eyes fell on her, I quickly wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug, which only made her cry more.

"Shh. Shh. It will be alright." I said. She shook her head.

"It won't be Zach. It will never be okay." She pulled out of my arms and gestured me inside her room. I have never been in here, but it was clean, and it reminded me of Jack. They must have got their cleanliness from their mother.

As I sat on Ava's bed, she climbed to the center of it and pulled her knees to her chest. We sat there for a moment before I asked, "Can you tell me what happened?"

She sighed before looking at me and wiping the tears from her face. "It is just the hate and everyone and they tell me to go and-" She stops and lets out a soft cry. I reach over to her and pull her to me, giving her a hug.

"Don't worry about them. They are just trying to make you hurt, and you have to try not to. You need to be strong and make them see that you will not break under their words. They will end up giving up. And hate is going to be apart of life, and most importantly, in yours. You just need to try and get over the pile they are making. And if you can't, you can always count on me, Jack, Sydnie, your mother and father, anyone. We will be here to help you through this." I said. She gave a small nod and hugged me, and when she pulled away she gave me a soft smile.

"What would I do without you, Zach." She said. I gave a small laugh and we got up. I haven't really had a deep conversation with her in person. The only deep ones were over the phone, usually alone. One day, she came to me, and we because amazing friends since, even though we never bring up our conversation when we are together in person or to others.

"So, Jack wants to tell you something, so let's go to the kitchen," I said with a big smile, knowing what her actions would be for the words he was going to say.

She nodded. "Okay." We went to the kitchen to see everyone chatting, and when the door opened, Jack looked over at us and sighed.

"Took long enough." He said with a huff. "But thank you." Jack turned to everyone who now gathered around the table. The few words were on the tip of his tongue that could change a lot in his life, and mine. Finally, he let out his last sigh before saying it.

"I am gay."

--
Okay. Comment "I" right here if you hate me and cliffhangers. I know you do.

Anyways, I am probably gonna binge read and answer all of your guy's comments. So yeah. Love you guys.

If you want, comment what you want from me in the future. I love your guy's suggestions.

(My friend wanted this at the end of the chapter, and I don't know why, but, "Oi oi baguette".)

Remember that one chapter where I said I would die if I saw a picture of Jack smiling with his glasses? Well, you can officially call me dead.

Word Count: 1162