Thirty

Zach

That night consisted of soothing Jack all night. He was hurting because I was being selfish.

It was my fault he was in pain.

I sighed and rubbed his back as another heart wrenching sob came out. Jack, he could easily mistake things for love. And that is what he did.

If he didn't find the right person to love, he would be torn apart. Like right now.

But I am right here.

Jack

I watched as Zach rubbed his stomach. We were all on the couch practicing vocals, and my eyes kept drifting to him, and I didn't know why.

Zach said that he hasn't been feeling good today, and that he might be sick, which was bad because we had to work on a song we were writing.

My mind drifted off. Zach. Over the months, my thoughts have changed about him. I thought he was a young, immature boy that didn't know a thing and had a mint condition life.

That was not the case.

Zach, I learned, wasn't immature. He is mature, probably more than me, and you can tell by the decisions we made. And even though he was young, he did know a lot. And he wasn't a spoiled brat. He was far from it.

Recently, he didn't have the life he deserved. He was hurting, and bad, all because of his coming out, his parents, and Eli.

As I thought of his father, Jay, my fingers involuntarily traced the mark he left when he hit me. After all of that, I fought Jay, not only to protect myself, but my friend and his mother, and most likely his siblings too.

Ryan and Reese asked me what happened after that night, but I didn't answer them. Reese was being curious, and also a little frightened, but Ryan knew most of it. He just wanted to know what all happened.

I was pulled back to reality as Zach sprung up and ran through the living room to the bathroom. We all stopped warm ups, and we could hear distant hurlings from Zach.

I looked at the others as they looked between everyone, probably expecting one of us to get up and help Zach.

I sighed and stood, walking over to the bathroom to see Zach standing there, leaning with his hands against the counter.

"Are...are you okay?" I ask. He sighs and flushes the toilet, and rinses his mouth.

"I just think it would be best for me to lay down." He said, passing me. I nodded and let him pass to his joint room with Corbyn and Jonah.

I sighed and walked to the kitchen to get him a glass of water. The other boys were talking together, quietly though so it was hard to hear.

I shut off the water and walked to the room Zach was in. I saw him laying down, on his phone going through social media.

"Zach, I brought you some water." I said, crouching down next to him.

"Thanks." He turned to me and gave a small smile.

As I said before, my mood towards Zach has changed, but more than that. Well, it didn't really even change, but grew.

I had a weird feeling towards Zach. I always did. He was, well, something different. He was different from the emotions I felt towards the boys, they were like brothers. It was different than how I felt towards my friends, and it was a different feeling than the one I had about my partners.

I didn't know how to define the feeling. Every time we touch, or we're even close, I feel sparks that are so strong. They are amazingly strong, that Zach must have to feel them too. If not, I may just be going crazy.

I mentally sighed and got up, walking out of the room and to the living room to the other boys. They were working on the song without Zach or I, which I was fine with. We have been a band for quite a while, so I knew that they would make it great.

I sat down and we started again. But that didn't keep my mind off of things.

When Zach got attacked, I was scared. I could have helped him, and maybe he wouldn't have scars.

I really cared a lot for him.

As we finished up working for the day, I stopped the boys. "Why doesn't Corbyn and Jonah take my bed and I will take theirs. I will take care of Zach."

They nodded and we split ways, and I sighed before entering Zach, Jonah, and Corbyn's room. Zach was on the air mattress scrolling through his phone.

He looked up to me with question in his eyes. "What are you doing in here?"

"Decided I would stay and take care of you." I said plopping down on Jonah and Corbyn's bed. "Is that alright?"

"Um...yeah..." He said looking away. He goes back to his phone and I decide to get ready for bed.

I went over to room and saw all of them already in bed. I grabbed a pair of sweats and my glasses from my night stand.

I walk into the bathroom and take out my contacts and then undress. I slip on my sweats and then put on my glasses. I pick up my clothes and walk them back to my hamper before going back to the room I was staying in.

I crawled into bed after shutting off the lights and I immediately fell asleep.

I woke to a crunching noise. It was Zach, rolling over quickly to get up. I shot up as he ran to the bathroom to empty his already empty stomach.

I followed him into the bathroom and kneeled down next to him, rubbing circles on his back.

He flushed and stood, washing out his mouth and just standing there leaning over the sink. I stood too, and examined his back with it.

My fingers traced along his scars. They may look ugly to him, but in my opinion, they made him look strong. They made him look like who he was.

And that was when I realized something. And I didn't know if it was good or bad.

As I walked into the kitchen I slammed my hand down on the counter, making Corbyn jump out of fright.

"What?" He said in a whining tone but I ignored it.

"Corbyn, you seem like the only person I can tell this too. And the others are outside so it is the best time." I took a deep breath.

"I think I like Zach."

——
Hi. How are you? I'm doing fine I guess. There is some bad things going on right now and I don't know how they will effect my writing so please excuse me if I am ever late for updating.

Word Count: 1149