Twenty-Six

MERRY CHRISTMAS I HOPE IT IS AMAZING!

Zach

I uncomfortably flipped over and stared at the back of Jack's head. I couldn't fall asleep, maybe because of the other person in my bed or just my head not wanting sleep.

I sighed and flipped onto my back so I face was staring at the ceiling. My eyes would catch a few of the many glowing stars on my ceiling.

I was uncomfortable, so I slipped out of my bed softly, trying not to wake the sleeping Jack and made my way towards the door. I opened it with a swift turn and swing because if I didn't the door would creak like an old piece of floorboard.

I crept to the kitchen, and as I passed through the living room, I could hear the soft snores from the sleeping Corbyn in the living room and I chuckled. He was always one to proclaim he never snored, yet it was very obvious that he was lying and he knew it himself.

I grabbed a cup and put it under the water with ease. When it was full, I turned off the faucet and drank from the cup.

My mother wanted Jack and I to sleep together because she knew. Knew that I liked Jack. She may think she is helping, but she really isn't. It was only hurting me more that I couldn't run my hands through his curly hair, hug his beautiful body, and kiss his amazing lips.

God, she only made it worse.

I set my cup by the sink and went to my room and sighed. It may have not been awkward for him, but it is for me due to us not wearing only our underwear.

I sighed and carefully slipped into the bed, hoping not to wake up Jack. At seeing that I successfully did it, I closed my eyes until I felt the bed move and groaning.

My eyes shot open and I turned my head to Jack, who was staring back at me. I jumped and put my hand on my chest, breathing hard while Jack attempted to hold in his laughter.

"Shut up." I said quietly, moving so my whole body was facing him.

"Did I wake you or..?" He asked after regaining composure. I shook my head no.

"I have been up for..." I glance at my alarm clock and sighed. "I haven't gotten sleep."

"Zach." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair; something I have wanted to do for a while.

"What?" I asked, pulling the blanket closer to me with a small shiver. It may be Texas, but I wasn't used to the weather. I could tell the temperature was colder in my room. I have to remember to change that in the morning.

"Come here." He said gesturing me to come closer. I just shuffled closer into the sheets and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry. I will keep you warm." He said with a small smile. I gave in scooted closer to him, putting my head on his chest.

This felt amazing. Like something out of a fairytale. I felt his arms go around my waist and I wondered if he felt the sparks too. The sparks that he would give me every time he ever grazed me. I could feel the spark and it was so strong that I bet he could feel it too.

I never felt this with Eli. Yes, I loved Eli, but I never felt sparks with him. It never felt right but it was still great.

And somehow Jack and I felt wrong. Not in a bad way; a good way. One that said that he should be the one you should break the rules with.

I turned so my back was pressed against his chest. I could feel his heavy breathing, and how it shifted when I moved.

Jack's pulled away from me for a bit, and started inspecting the scars. His fingers traced over them and I shivered under his touch.

"I'm sorry Zach. I could've prevented this." He whispered, thinking I was asleep.

I felt his arm involuntary wrap around me tighter and I felt his hand move to mess with my hair.

This is where I should be. In Jack's arms.

If only he felt the same.

I woke up to the coldness of the room. I was alone, and I was shivering due to it.

I slept amazing with Jack by my side. The best in quite a while.

I got up from my bed, instantly shivering madly and chattering. My mother must have turned off the heat in my room because of me being gone and forgot to turn it up. I wonder how Daniel and Jonah dealed with it.

I threw on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, knowing later that day I would shower.

I headed for the kitchen, and noticed my mom was already in there with other people. As I opened the door, I met eyes with not only my mom but Jack and Ryan who were waiting hungrily for my mother to finish the food.

"Where is the others?" I ask my mom, sitting down next to Jack. He doesn't say anything, or do anything as a matter of fact.

He is acting as if what we did means nothing to him. It probably did though.

Why do I got to love someone I can't have?

Jonah

I watched as Daniel gelled through his hair for the fiftieth time and sigh because it wouldn't stay up. I chuckled as half of it decided to do it while the other half dropped back down.

It was Corbyn, Daniel, and I in the bathroom working on our necessities. I could tell Corbyn was enjoying the show of Daniel's struggles as much as I was.

"You know, I've been wondering, do you think Zach will ever date anyone again?" Corbyn asked, crooking his eyebrow at me through the mirror.

"I don't know. Maybe. I can tell he must want to move on." Daniel replied.

"What if he becomes bisexual and starts dating a girl?" Corbyn said. I rolled my eyes.

"How would you think that? He told me he likes Jack-" My eyes widened and I threw my hand over my mouth. Corbyn and Daniel looked at me with shock.

"Zach likes-" Corbyn exclaimed. I shushed him and put a finger to my lips.

"Don't tell him that I told you. Don't tell anyone in fact. It is— was our little secret. So don't go telling everyone." I said hurriedly.

"The worst part is that you can clearly see Jack doesn't like him back." I said sighing. "Zach is going to get hurt by Jack without him even knowing it."

——
I had a lot to do today and tomorrow but somehow got this done for you loves.

Word Count: 1139