Twenty

Zach

My anxiety raised every day when Jack and Eli were near, without May. It was worse with her. She was nice and all, but I could tell there was something off.

And, as I was saying, here we all were, together having a late Thanksgiving dinner, early Christmas one. Eli, May, and Christina are all here with us, digging into the food that we ordered.

"I'm saying guys, I can cook." Christina said. "You didn't have to order this." She gestured to the food.

"I can cook too." May said raising her hand. Jack smiled at her and I felt a sick feeling inside.

"Me three." Eli said quietly but we all could hear and we laughed.

"Maybe you should cook for me sometime." I said smiling as I laid an arm over his shoulder. He blushed and nodded, burying his head in my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him and I smiled.

Until it faded when I looked around the table and I saw Jack doing the same with May. He was kissing the top of her head and everything.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jonah looking at me with a concerned look but I shook it off.

Jonah was my older brother. I could tell him anything and trust to keep it safe and worry for me. It felt good, for I was the oldest child in my family and I didn't have anyone to go to, minus my mother, who I was hardly around now.

The food was done, we were all stuffed, but somehow managed for pie. We were all laughing, having the time of our lives. I can say it was an amazing night.

That was until I went into shock from Eli's question. It wasn't bad, it was just a scary thing to think about.

"Do you want to meet my family in a few days?" He said grabbing my hands. My eyes widened.

"M-meet your family?" I ask cautiously. He laughs and shakes his head yes.

"Don't worry, they are okay. They will like you, I promise." He said kissing me on the cheek. I smile and hug him, burying my head in his neck.

"Of course I'll go." I said. He wrapped his arms around me and pecked the side of my head.

Over his shoulder, I saw Jack looking over at us. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't figure out. He looked away as soon as he saw me looking at him and started communicating with the others in the living room. I shook it off and continued talking to Eli.

Today was the day I was meeting his parents and I can say, I was scared. It was the first time meeting my partners parents, let alone my guy partner.

I held my bags and walked out to Eli's car that was waiting in the drive way. He smiled at me and grabbed my bags, setting them in the trunks. I turned and waved to the boys, them flashing me smiles, except for Jack who sat there with a small frown. I sighed and turned to Eli, giving him a grin and hopping into the car.

He said it was a few hours away, so I decided to take a nap through it.

My mind drifted to how Jack was looking at me, with a frown as if he hated me.

The person I love hates me.

"Zach, we're here."

I open my eyes and look at Eli. He gave me a small smile and I turned my head to face the unfamiliar house.

A middle aged woman ran out the door and to the car, smiling when Eli exited the vehicle. She ran up to Eli and hugged him while I slowly slipped out of the car. When she pulled back and started talking to Eli, he glanced over to me causing his mom to turn and acknowledge me.

"Oh my heavens! You must be Eli's boyfriend." She said walking up to me with a giant smile. She shook my hand. "My, Eli You didn't say he was this handsome!" She said glancing at him. He laughed.

"Mom stop smothering him." He said. She rolled her eyes and went to get the bags.

"Oh, no, Mrs. Lane. Let me get them." I said reaching for the bags.

"No, I got them. You can call me Sam." She said, walking the bags into the house. I spared a glance at a chuckling Eli as he grabbed his own bags and brought them in.

"Okay then..." I say. I quickly grab my guitar case from the back seat and walk into the house.

I found the living room easily, and Eli was in there waiting for me. He smiled and brought us up to his room, which his mother was already in.

"Now, during the day, this door stays open. At night, it can be closed, but I am checking in." She pointed out. Eli blushed and I chuckled.

"You play?" His mom asked me. I nodded. "Maybe you could play something in the living room soon. We could also get to learn each other." She said.

"Okay." I said with a smile. She nodded and headed downstairs.

After she was gone, I turned to Eli. "Your mom and mine would get along so much." He laughed.

"I also have a little sister. Probably the age of your sister." He said. "You will meet her soon."

I nodded and grabbed my guitar case. We both trotted down the stairs into the living room.

As he said, there was a little girl sitting on his mom's lap, making funny faces as she waited for us. When she noticed me she smiled and waved.

"Hello!" She yelled cheerfully. I grinned at her.

"Hi! What's your name?" I ask. She giggles.

"Paige." She spoke with a smile. I laughed and Sam started speaking.

"Why don't you play something for us, Zach?" She asks. I nod and open my case, grabbing out my guitar and guitar pick.

"I apologize in advance, I suck." I say. I begin to strum up a familiar song, one that I helped write.

After I was done with our single, Something Different, I looked at her. She had a grin and started clapping.

"That was amazing, though I have never heard of the song." She said. I laughed.

"It is actually one of my band's songs." I said with laugh. We talked until supper and a little bit after that, getting to know each other a bit more.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck. It was after talking to his mom, and now we were in bed, both shirtless. I had on sweat pants and he had on his regular shorts. He smelled the same as before, strawberries and vanilla, but I still wasn't content.

If only he was Jack.

——
If only my teddy bear was Jack.

Word Count: 1257

By the way, my birthday is soon, so ask questions for a Q an A maybe? And if you do meet the boys at all, please just tell them to have Jonah check his PO anytime he is in Minnesota. So far in San Diego I had someone but apparently it was too hectic, and then Minnesota airport, but they snuck out or took a different terminal, and then today for Jingle Ball in Minnesota, someone almost won Meet and Greet tickets but they didn't so they just relied on yelling at them.