Seventeen

Zach

"I'm going out."

Jack walks into the room with a small smile on his face. My eyebrows furrow as Corbyn, who is sitting next to me, smirks.

"You going to see your girlfriend?" He said, chuckling. Jack shakes his head with a small smile.

"She is not my girlfriend." I sighed happily.

"Yet." I thought too soon.

I gave a fake smile and nodded, walking into the kitchen, sitting down next to Jonah who was on YouNow.

I sigh and sit next to Jonah resting my head on the table.

"Zach, what's up?" He asks. I look up at him with a frown on my face.

"Just...feels." I say. He furrows his eyebrows and shook his head.

"C'mon bro. You can tell me." He said placing his hand on my shoulder. I lowered my eyes and shook my head.

"Jonah...well, I like someone, and they like someone else, and they seem happy together, so I want that person I like happy, but I still don't want them with that person." I say truthfully. Jonah takes in a deep breath and smirks.

He turns to the camera and lets out a little laugh. "Seems like Zach might be jealous." He said. I hit him on the arm and he let out a small cry of pain and rubbed his arm.

"Owe! What was that for?" He asks.

"Jonah, you are supposed to be giving me moral support! How do I deal with this?" I asks seriously. He turns to me with a sad look.

"I'm sorry bud, but I think you need to let them go. Be with someone else. It will help." He said. I nodded my head slowly.

"Okay, I guess. It will be hard though." A few words were left unspoken during that which were, Because we live with him and I see him almost everyday.

I sighed and stood up, walking out of the kitchen. Corbyn was sitting in the living room like how I left him, on the phone with Christina.

Daniel was out back working on a new song, but judging by how I don't hear anything anymore, I think he stopped.

I sigh and grab my wallet, deciding I am going out. I quickly yell a short goodbye to the boys and start my walk to my destination.

I smiled as I came upon the small coffee shop. I glanced through the window and smiled a big smile and walked in.

"Hello, stranger." I said walking up to the desk. Eli raised his head and smiled.

"Hey Zach. What are you doing here?" He asked leaning against the counter.

"I needed to get my mind off things so I decided to see if you were working." I said. He smiled again.

"You do know, if you are going to stay, you need to buy something." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and rambled off an order.

It was quickly brought out to me and Eli yelled to the back of the room.

"Cindy, cover for me!" Soon, a short girl walked out and smiled at me and started getting the next customers and Eli took off his apron and came around to me.

We sat in a booth and I smiled to him as he started with, "I never knew you were in a band."

"I am. They are all amazing, talented people. I am happy to call them bandmates."

"It must be great." He replied.

We talked for a bit about my mother and his life. Every so often, he would run his hands through his caramel colored hair. His eyes were blue ocean ones, and they were easy to get lost in, but it was easier to get lost in Jack's.

"Hey, I have to go back to working. Cindy will be mad if I get a paycheck that she worked for." He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed.

"It is fine. Maybe we can do this again sometime?" I ask with a smile.

"Like a date?" He asks.

"If you take it that ways." I say winking. "I'll text you for the times." I waved to him and started my walk back home.

When I opened the door, the TV was on playing a movie on Netflix with the boys, all except for Jack, sitting/laying on the couch. I crept up behind them and smiled.

"What are you guys watching?"

Corbyn screeched and Daniel let out a silent scream while Jonah just looked at me.

"Where were you at?" He asks.

"I was visiting a friend." I said. Corbyn smirked at me.

"A friend?" He said wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh and nod.

"Yeah." I say. Jonah raises one of his eyebrows and gives me a questioning look.

"We are going out sometime in the near future too." I said with smile.

"Like a date?" Daniel asks. I shrug.

"I told him to see it how he wants to."

I sat down with the boys and continued to watch the movie with them until I decided to go on my phone and look through my social media's. I went through my snapchat, then my twitter, and lastly my Instagram. The first photo that popped up made my heart almost stop. I could feel me fill with jealousy.

"I'm going to take a shower." I say. They nod and continue the movie while I trudge up the stairs and into the shower, the picture replaying in my head.

 They nod and continue the movie while I trudge up the stairs and into the shower, the picture replaying in my head

Liked by IslaStanford, MayLynn, and 597,374 others

JackAveryMusic officially official ❤️ Tagged: MayLynn

Comments Disabled

I shook my head under the water. That should be me. I should be holding his hand, not her.

And like that, right there in my shower, jealousy took over me. I crumpled into a ball and started weeping silently on the ground, knowing I could never, would never, call him mine.

I would never hold his hand, I would never kiss his lips, I would never be able call him mine.

____
So yeah. 5K reads!!?? I will probably have 6K by now maybe, but holy cow. That is a lot.

Word Count: 1023