Thirty-Four

If you haven't read Thirty-Three, swipe down and do so.

Also, I am addressing things at the bottom of the chapter.

Zach

I stared up at the brick building. I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I was.

I walked up the steps and over to the receptionist's desk. I gave them a quick hello and told her who I wanted to talk to.

"Okay." She said with a smile. "Follow me."

She lead me over to a small room with a table and a few chairs; a visiting area. I sat down and saw as they forced him into the room.

"What the hell do you want!?" He asked harshly. I bowed my head and shook it.

"I just want to talk." I said calmly. He was forced into the chair across from me.

"Does it look like I want to talk to you?" He glared at me as I leaned back and sighed.

"Dad, I just want to talk. About what you did." I said.

He paused for a while, as if he was contemplating it. Finally, he shook his head. "No."

"It wasn't a question." I said. "We are talking about this."

My father looked different. He looked slimmer, due to the lack of food, and was wearing normal jail clothing. He was paler than the average human being, and he didn't have his natural flair like he used to. He lost that a while ago though.

After him not saying anything, I spoke up. "Dad," I paused. "Why did you act the way you did?"

"Who wouldn't act that way!? It is wrong to love the same gender as you-"

"No," I chuckled. "It's not, actually. Did you know, in the Greek bible, it was actually 'man can not sleep with boy' not 'man can not sleep with man'. It was changed when it was converted."

"How do you know it doesn't mean the same thing?" He said angrily.

"It could mean many things, I suppose. It could mean you can't sleep with the same sex as you, it can also mean that incest is bad, or it could also be saying that, 'Hey, maybe a child and elder shouldn't sleep in the same bed.'" I stated.

He looked at me crazily. "Well, I still had the right, goddamnit! I had the right to hate you for being so...so...disgusting."

I shook my head. "I am not disgusting. You are the one who is disgusting. You left me when you should have given me time. Trust me, I have been this way for a long time, and there was nothing different until I was out?" I chuckled.

I was honestly pissed at my father's actions.

"Yet you had the audacity to go and take it out on all of us by leaving us. You up and left and there you were, betraying your marriage, your children, and all of your family. And little did I know, you where there, beating them. All because of what I did. And that is sick. Very, very sick of a person to do." I felt tears trickle in my eyes.

"I have marks on my back because of you; a constant reminder. And let alone you also attacked my best friend and almost killed my mom."

The tears began to fall and I shook my head while looking down.

"And all you needed to do was wait. You just needed time."

I let out a sad laugh and looked up at him.

"But you decided to ruin your children's lives, your wife's life, my life, all because you thought one thing was wrong."

My father, in a long time, had tears. He was crying too. Because he just now realized the pain he gave us.

"And when you said that everyone who cared for me and loved me would be in a tragedy," I paused and looked him in the eyes.

"You were right."

And with that, I turned and left the room, even after my father's calls. He deserved this pain. After all, he was the one who started it.

I sighed as I opened the door to outside. This was the first time of confronting someone who started a problem.

And it wasn't the last.

Corbyn

Zach is going to hate me.

I sighed. "The reason Zach left, he was scared. Afraid you would, well, die. Because of him." I took a deep breath and prepared myself.

"Because Za-"

"Mr. Avery? Oh good, your awake. Your family is here to see you."

I turn to see a nurse and give her a small smile. That is one less person to hate me for now, I suppose.

"Let them in." He says. I go to the edge of the room and sit, taking out my phone. I scroll through socials but make sure to listen in on the conversations. I would glance up sometimes to see what was going on, too.

"Jack!" Isla exclaimed, Jumping onto the bed next to him. He groaned but laughed, and put her in his lap the best he could with one hand.

"Hey Isla." He said with a smile. "Hey Mom, Ava, and Sydnie."

"Jack, we were so worried." His mother said to him. "And that was very brave of you."

"Thank you." He said with a smile and a small blush.

"All for your best friend?" Sydnie asked and Jack shot her a glare. Jack must have told Sydnie her feelings for Zach.

"Um...yeah. Sure." He said.

They chatted for a while and as they did that I went through twitter. I noticed Zach posted something, which was surprising because he has been inactive for the time he was gone.

ImZachHerron Tweeted:
Everything has been wrong. And I am here to make it right.

——
So, my beloved readers, Jack did not find out, but we have other things to address.

1.) On the 15th, I found out that my book was ranked, and I have you to thank for that. You are the only reason I am here still writing.

2.) We have the second biggest Jachary book so far, next to Little Things, which is an amazing book. And again, that is because of you so thank you!

3.) This book will be ending soon, so you are probably wondering, will there be a sequel? Well, yes, there will be but I NEED A NAME FOR IT!! I think I might do it in Jack's perspective and, since this book is in Zach's perspective most of the time, and if is named "Noodle Boy" after Jack, maybe I should have the next one after Zach?? Comment what you think or book names.

Word Count: 1118