Twenty-Seven

Zach

I hated leaving my mother, but I had to. It was my job, so I had to suck it up even if doing that was hard.

I sighed as I saw my mom wave as the bus pulled off, leaving me and the rest of the boys alone again with our crew that was with us.

"Zach." Jack's voice sounded through the bus. "Come here."

I groaned and stood up, walking to the front of the bus where Daniel, Jonah, and Jack were. Corbyn was in the back with me, now left alone at my disappearance.

"What." I said rubbing my eyes. I could say, I was tired due to only getting four hours of sleeps when Jack was up against him. I was still a little bit mad that he shook that off without shame.

How could he not feel the electricity?

"I bet I can beat you in a tournament of Uno." He said with a smirk. I just smiled and sat down across from him.

"You're on." I said with a smile. He grinned and shuffled the cards.

He set the stack over by me and winked. "You serve, Herron."

This is how the game usually went. We would make it look so epic, yet in reality, it was just a regular game of cards. And mostly full of my victories and Jack's loses. It is only some time that he is lucky enough to get a win.

Our tournament was the first to 500 points loses. Jack was very stubborn, so he was always asking to play to try and beat me.

Maybe that is why he is still stuck on May. He is stubborn.

The game was very competitive to us. It was hilarious when Jack would expect the best, but always got the worst.

"Aha! Bye Zach, hello victory." He grinned as he laid down a switch hands card and I hid my small smirk.

"Oh yes. Goodbye Zach..." I narrowed my eyes as I handed my cards to Jack who just looked at me surprised. It was true I had less cards, but that doesn't mean good cards.

He gasped and glared at me, making me chuckle. I looked at the cards in my hands and grinned.

Like I said, we were very competitive.

It went on like that, and I was the winner once again. Jack just glared at me while Daniel, Jonah, and Corbyn, who decided to watch after he was informed we were playing Uno, laughed.

"Jack you stink at Uno." Daniel said. Jack scowled in his direction.

"I want you to try and play Zach. See if you are better." Jack hissed.

"Hey, at least I can win more than five games against him." Daniel retaliated. Jack just shook his head and and moved to our bunks. As he did, I heard him mutter that he hated me.

I chuckled to cover up my frown and shook my head, and glanced out the window. That passed about an hour or two, so there was still about a day left on our hands.

We were going to Pennsylvania. Jack's state.

This is going to be great...

I took a deep breath and let it out, going to the bunks again. I thought a nap would be nice to pass the time so I laid down on my bunk and closed my eyes, letting the darkness fill my vision.

My body jolted up and my forehead ran into a wooden beam. I groaned and grabbed my forehead, sticking my head in my pillow. I heard the bed next to me move and I sighed.

"Zach? Was that you?" Jack asked. I lifted my head slightly and peered over to him, which didn't help at all. He was laying down without a shirt on, only in his boxers like the night before when I didn't sleep. The night he cuddled me to sleep.

"Yeah." I muttered, turning away from him and closing my eyes again.

I was close to falling asleep until I felt my small bed dip and a body next to me. I tensed up and felt an arm around me. I knew it was Jack due to the tingles, but somehow my body didn't want to let him do this. Didn't want him near.

Maybe I was angry? Scared? Scared that he actually did hate me? Angry that he did say he hated me? I did not know.

"Zach. C'mon, what is bothering you? You can tell me." He said and I shook my head. He sighed and grabbed my shoulder, attempting to turn me over.

After a while, I did turn, and he gasped. Apparently, my eyes gave up, and had water running from them, which I did not want. Jack wrapped me in a hug and whispered kind words softly to me.

After a while, he stopped. I backed away from him and sighed.

"This must be weird for you, right? I mean, you have a girlfriend and, well, I am gay-"

"Zach." He said with a smile. "You are my best friend. Why can't I comfort you?"

I frowned and buried my head in his chest. It was great while it lasted.

And him and May were together again. I listen to his advice, but he doesn't listen to mine.

I felt him slip out of my bed and to his own so I grabbed out my phone and decided to check things.

I love my fans. They are the best. They keep me in my position and make me the happiest person alive. I wouldn't be here without them. And everyday, we gain a few, but also lose them. Does it bother me? No because they choose what they want, better or worse for them.

I could name a few people who relate to that.

I decided to tweet out, due to being inactive. I read some of the comments and checked in with group chats and in a matter of time we were there.

ImZachHerron Tweeted:
Life is great. Eli would be happy.

——
Btw I got bored so I didn't write the chapter I was supposed to. Anyways, enjoy. :)

New year, new decisions. Maybe Zach will make one to tell Jack his feelings??

Word Count: 1043