Thirty-Five

First chapter for the double update!

Zach

I decided it was time. Time to go back to California.

I wasn't going exactly back to LA. I was going somewhere else in California. To someone I don't even know, I suppose.

It has been a week since I confronted my father. Over that time, I was with family, and mustering up the strength to go to California and talk to the next person I wanted to talk to.

I was scared, go be honest. What if someone tells the boys I am in California? I can't see them right now, let alone hear about him.

I sighed and stepped out of the house. My family was out, shopping probably, and I decided to leave so I didn't have to waste time saying goodbye. I wrote them a quick note, though, saying where I was going and goodbye.

I got in the car that I drove here with. It was a semi-decent car, not the best but it was just for us to drive around in, I suppose. No one really uses it except for me.

I started the car and took off. It was about a day's time to get there, so I knew I had to stop in the middle of it for sleep. The first few times I came here, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, so I kept driving.

But this time, I wanted to wait, but I knew I had to go. Sooner or later, I would have to.

I don't like saying goodbye to my mother's face. I absolutely hated it, but sometimes it had to be done. But this time, I dreaded it. So I did what was better than just up and leaving.

It hurt to just leave a letter without saying it actually, but it was easier. I told her that California was my next destination, but not LA specifically. I didn't say where in California, because I was afraid she would tell the boys. And I couldn't handle seeing them right now.

The ride halfway there went fairly quick, and it was too quick in my opinion. I want to take my time, but then again I want this all over. It would be easier if I just didn't decide to do it, but I was anyways.

I sighed as I pulled up to the hotel I have stayed many times. Every time I took two trips, I went here to sleep, because in my opinion it was the nicest around and it felt cozy. Kind of like a home feel to it.

As I walk inside, I shoot the lady at the desk a smile as I walk up to her to get my room and key to it. I sign in and pay, and bring my bag up to my room. As I walk in, I stop to take in the sight of the small window.

Who knew something so small could lead to something so beautiful. It was different, because you saw it from a smaller perspective, which gave it a little feel to it. Made it feel more distant and unreal than being right next to it, I suppose.

I walked in and sat on the bed. It was fairly warm, but slightly on the colder side so I could feel small goosebumps rise. It was quiet; much too quiet for me.

If this is what living alone would be like, I wouldn't want to even think of it.

I slipped out my phone and laid down on the bed. I would sleep, but I was slightly afraid I would get the same nightmare as usual. Where I would see him laying on the ground, the same way as he was at the show.

I tried my best to just bury it over the past week, but it was hard. It wasn't every day your best friend, the person you have feelings for, gets shot, on the brink of death. All because of you.

It was true. My fault. All my damn fault and there was nothing I could do to fix that.

-

Daniel

Jack had his family over still, and it was nice to have more than just us around, but after a while, a little girl can get a bit annoying. But it didn't help that she was really cute to the point you can't say that.

"Isla, can you please grab that for Jack?" I asked, pointing at the cup of water on the table. We were trying our best to do things for him, like the doctor said to do, but he was one of those people who refused help and rather do it on their own.

Jack chucked as Isla handed the cup. "Thanks, little one, but I could have done that myself. I mean, it wasn't my legs that were hit." As he said that, he looked up at me and gave a pointed look. I mouthed a sorry and continued to try to talk with Sydnie and Corbyn.

Corbyn, being Christina's make-up doll, knew many things about make-up, and somehow shot up a conversation about it with Sydnie. I, for one, understood nothing, only a few things Anna told me, but I soon gave up and found Jonah in the kitchen with Kirstin, talking about what all happened the night of the concert.

"The police were saying he shot himself after he shot Jack, and he immediately died. The gun was taken under officer's rule and they brought him to the hospital, but it was completely useless. Apparently, though, they said that whoever covered up Jack's wounds saved him. He would be dead without them because he would have lost too much blood to survive." Kirstin looked over Jonah's shoulder at me and gave me a small smile.

"Hello, Daniel. Jonah and I were just talking about the, ahem, accident..." She quieted down and I could see how she felt about it. We all felt that way, to be honest. Slightly traumatized for almost witnessing someone we loved so dearly die.

I gave her a small smile too and went to grab a cup and pour me some orange juice. I took a sip and turned to her. "How do you feel about...Zach?"

"He really didn't do anything wrong, to be honest. It was Jack who decided to save him. I still wonder why too." She said. "But I am proud he did. He showed his friend how much he cared, even though his friend disappeared because of it. Like I said before, it wasn't his fault, nor did anything wrong, so I don't see why he did go away."

That is because Zach loves Jack, and Jack loves him back. Yet they are too naive to see that.

-

Well, I got my laptop. This is nice. And, with the help of you, I figured to make it called 'Rosy Cheeked Boy' but I am debating the 'Boy' at the end. Thoughts?

And I am bored, so if you want, answer these questions so I can know you all a bit more?

Favorite Why Don't We boy?

Favorite TV show?

Your name?

Random facts/stories?

Word Count: 1203