Forty-Three

Zach

"I am gay."

The silence made the air thick, enough that anything sharp could cut it. It didn't help that no one moved a muscle, but that was until Jack bowed down his head and let out a quiet sigh.

Jack stood from his spot at the table, meeting the blank eyes of Darrin and then Ava and Isla. He turned his back to them, afraid they would do the same to him and shame him for the rest of his life. As he made his way to the door, Darrin finally spoke.

"Jack." Jack looked over his shoulder at the male that called his name and waited for him to speak again.

"I'm proud."

Jack turned around fully and gave him a shocked look. He didn't expect it this way, and neither did I.

"I'm proud you told us. I would never judge you for being you." Darrin stood and Jack launched himself at him, embracing the step-father.

"Thank you for understanding," Jack said. When he backed up, he faced Ava and Isla, and they gave him a smile. Jack then looked up at me, and I smiled excitedly.

It felt amazing that someone can just except us without tearing apart. Yes, the boys did it, but they were never really related to us. They were best friends, and they don't care how their friends are. Family, though, want them perfect, and it is hard to find one that lets you be you.

--

After staying at Jack's for a week, we headed back to LA and a few nights later, we finally made it official, which left one thing on our minds; telling the fans.

"Maybe we should do it like how you did it when you came out?" Jack asked but I shook my head. Then, an idea popped up into my head.

"What if we tweet out, tagging the other's name and a heart, and maybe on Instagram we post a picture of the other and put a heart as the caption?" I ask. "And we don't need to confirm it because it will be tonight when we are asked a question about it in the interview tonight. We all know there will be one." Jack gave me a big smile and nodded.

"Beautiful plan, babe." He said and pecked my lips before getting off the couch. I sighed and smiled. Life has been so well made now with Jack, and I never want anything bad to happen.

But with my luck, something will.

I sighed before getting up myself, getting ready to go to this interview. It would be a big step in mine and Jack's life, but we needed to do this.

I made my way up the stairs and into my familiar room. It was weird because we decided to move me into Jack's room and Daniel into my room so Jack and I could be together. There were constant times I would climb into his bed and sleep, but now I could finally call his room ours.

I grabbed a yellow hoodie and white skinny jeans before heading into the bathroom joined to our bedroom. I got into the showers and thought. We had our tour overseas soon, and I was so excited for it. I wanted to meet the amazing people again and new people too. I couldn't believe we have made it this far.

I remembered most of their faces, and I remember this little girl, who was around six who would stutter when she talked. I thought it was massively adorable, and it slightly reminded me of Corbyn and what happened to him.

Corbyn, as a young kid, he gained a stutter that stuck with him for a long time. He was made fun of it, said that he couldn't even speak right, and would get punished by his teachers when he did stutter, but no one stuck up for him because they saw the acts humorous. Eventually, he ended up going mute for two to three years because he hated the jokes and the punishments. His parents never understood why he did so, but they supported him through it and it helped him recover.

"Zach." I heard Jack call, pulling me from my reverie. I yelled back to him before he answered, "Hurry up if you want to get the tweet and posts out!" I yelled a short reply and got out and dressed, throwing on a pair of checkered Vans.

As I walked into the room, Jack looked me up and down and said, "Is that my sweatshirt that you stole?" He said with a smile. I nodded before sitting down next to him, giving him a big smile.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

--

"Welcome, Why Don't We!" The man called and we walked on stage, waving to the audience as we sat down. We talked a bit, and then eventually we got to the questions. I was internally freaking out because Jack and I could finally be together.

We could finally be us.

The man pointed to a girl in the audience. It was silent as she spoke, gesturing to us all. "Where do you want to go next?"

"Australia," Jonah said with a smile and Daniel nodded along with him.

"Anywhere, to be honest," I said. "As long as there are fans and a place to hang out, I'm fine." Jack nodded along to mine and I cast him a smile.

"Antartica," Corbyn said jokingly and we laughed shaking our heads. Corbyn had the best mindset that no one could shut down.

The next question was asked, as was the next one. I felt my hope die down until someone says, "This is a question for Jack and Zach."

"Why did you guys tweet out hearts and tag one another? Same thing with your post on Instagram?" I smiled hugely and looked over at Jack who was smiling right back.

"Well," I started looking back to the girl. "It is official..."

--
I feel like this chapter was weird but oh well.

Family is getting angry that I am not showing them my writing so I better just write something up quick. Any thoughts?

OH AND!! I was thinking maybe we could make a group chat together, and maybe we could get to know each other? I love getting to know you guys. So which one? Twitter or Instagram? I am on Twitter more so I will reply to that one faster and more, but it depends. And if you want to be in it, you can DM me your @.

Word Count: 1095