Lockwood Mansion

Mom woke me up early the next morning and forced me to change into a tan dress and did my hair up all nice. I groaned, "Where are we going that I have to get all dressed up?"

"I told you, we need to get to work. We're both going to the Lockwood residence to try and help Mason find the moonstone. There's a memorial for the mayor and so the whole town will be there. After I put you to bed, I went back to the crime scene and Stefan figured out it was me, so today I chose a perfect public setting where he couldn't hurt me." She shook me a little after finishing my hair, "Now shake off that hangover because we have work to do."

We stood outside the Lockwood residence and Katherine asked, "Ok, got your story straight?"

I nodded, "I'm Silvia Baker and I work with old historical documents at City Hall."

"Good girl, keep your head down and your eyes and ears open."

I nodded and then walked up the front steps and shook hands with the greeter, "Hi, thanks for coming. I'm Tyler Lockwood. What's your name? I don't think I've ever seen you around."

I chuckled, "Well you probably wouldn't have, I'm Silvia Baker and I work with old documents and manuscripts at City Hall. I worked on occasion with the mayor and I only came to pay my respects."

Tyler nodded and gestured for me to enter, "Then please, come on in, Miss Baker."

"Thank you Tyler and I'm really sorry for your loss." I walked in and immediately grabbed a glass of champagne, watching the door to make sure Katherine got in without any trouble. 

I kept to myself as I discreetly checked the rooms for the moonstone until Mason caught me by the arm and led me into an isolated room, "What the hell are you doing here, Silva?"

I pulled my arm from his grasp, "Acting on Kathy's orders to help you find the moonstone. She's here too, in case you were wondering." I drank my glass and shoved it into his chest, "Now if you'll excuse me, I still have rooms to check."

I made it to the door and without turning around I threatened, "Oh and Mason, if you ever touch me again I'll roast you alive. No matter what Kathy thinks of you."

I walked out the door and reentered the party only to see Katherine walk off with Stefan. I smirked and shook my head before walking around a corner, bumping into someone, "Oh god, I'm so sorry." I looked up to see a man with dark hair and bright blue eyes, and looked down at my feet, "Please excuse me."

The man grabbed my arm as soon as I tried to walk away, "No problem miss, are you ok?"

I smiled, "I'm fine."

He lifted up my arm and I looked down to see bruises from Mason start to appear on my arm, "Are you sure?"

I pulled my arm away and rubbed the bruises, "I'm fine, I just got into a fight with an old friend."

"That friend wouldn't be Mason by any chance, would it?"

I sighed, "He's always had anger issues, but I'm used to it. However I thank you for your concern, Mr.?"

The man smiled holding out a hand, "Ah, Salvatore. Damon Salvatore."

I smirked and shook his hand, "Pleasure to meet you Damon. I'm Silvia. Silvia Baker."

I pulled my hand away and grabbed another glass of champagne, "I hope to see you around."

He grabbed a glass too, "Let's toast to it."

I nodded, "Agreed."

We clinked our glasses together before downing the liquid and I walked away, winking. I snickered to myself, I couldn't believe that I had met mom's other old flame! No wonder she had settled down here, this town practically breeds supermodels. I got a text from Katherine five minutes later, "Did you find the moonstone?"