Stalking

(Silva POV)

I was awoken by Katherine, "Wake up sweetheart! I need you to do some long term invisible stalking today. Damon, Elena and that history teacher are getting ready to go somewhere. I need you to find out and report back to me."

I groaned, "Alright, I'm on it."

I got dressed, not like it mattered since I was going to be invisible the whole time and snuck into the car they would be driving sitting in the backseat. Finally everyone got in, Alaric was driving, Damon was in shotgun and Elena was seated next to me in the back.

A little while later Damon asked the doppelgänger, "How you doing back there? You know this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly."

Alaric remarked, "I don't think she's pretending. You did kill her brother."

Damon answered back, "There is a huge asterisk next to that statement; he came back to life."

Elena fired back angrily, "Yeah, thanks to the ring that you didn't know he was wearing."

"Why are you so sure I didn't know?" I wanted to shoot myself, this was going to be  long, tedious and boring car ride. I tuned the bickering out until we arrived at our destination, Duke University.

Everyone exited the vehicle and I took that time to text Katherine an update before following. I had to cover my mouth and plug my nose to keep from laughing when the researcher came back into the room with a crossbow aimed at Elena. Damon took the arrow to save her, but I figured that she thought Elena was Katherine.

I only continued to watch from the corner of the room as the four went through Isobel's research, learning all they could about Katherine, werewolves and the sun and moon curse. I knew the curse was fake, but it wasn't like I was going to reveal my presence. The doppelgänger left the room to call Stefan and relay the news to him that werewolf bites were lethal to vampires. I decided to do the same and text Katherine, asking her what she wanted me to do.

She responded, "Once they leave the building, kill Vanessa and then take a cab back to Mystic Falls if you miss your ride."

I smirked and subtly reloaded the crossbow, polishing my pocket knife while I waited for them to leave. Once they did, I reappeared and scared the girl, "Who the hell are you?!"

I picked up the crossbow, "Just an associate of Katherine. She doesn't see your presence as necessary anymore." I fired it as she tried to run away. I managed to hit her in the leg. I looked at the crossbow, "I've never fired one of these before, I'm surprised that I actually hit you." I placed the primitive weapon on the floor, taking out my knife. I leaned down next to her and smiled, "I should probably tell you who I am, but then again would it really matter?" I shook my head, smirking at the fear in her eyes, "Not really. Goodbye Vanessa Monroe."

I sliced open her throat an disappeared once I had cleaned the blood off my hands and knife. I took a cab back and Katherine fed from the driver before compelling him to leave. She turned to me, "A very productive day?"

I nodded, "Yep and I even got to kill someone. I couldn't be happier."

The next morning Katherine and I went to visit Caroline. She woke up and looked up at me, eyes widening, "You!"

I smirked, "Morning Caroline are you feeling at all woozy today."

She sneered and charged at me only to be grabbed and pressed into a wall by Katherine. Caroline asked, "Elena?"

My mom smiled, "Nope, try again."

Caroline whispered, "Katherine."

I sat down on the bed as Katherine stepped away from the girl, stroking her cheek, "Don't be frightened. You, me, and my daughter are going to have so much fun together."