CHAPTER 6 WE'RE JUST FRIENDS

Chole's POV

I insisted in driving her home. No matter how hard she refused, I wouldn't bulge. "Chole, I still work in that club," she said looking away. "What?! So that's why you're refusing me to drive you home because you're still working in that bullshit club! You don't want me to find out that you're still employed there. I thought you already learned your lesson the time that man tried to harass you!" We were still inside my car in front of the mall. "But Chole, I don't have any choice." "You can look for other jobs out there, and you know it Xiennah" I said with emphasis. "But that club is the highest paying job I got so far. I need the money Chole!" "You need money? How much Xiennah? I can give that to you!" She looked away hurt. "You think of me that low?" "No, I didn't mean to sound it that way. I'm your friend and I just wanted to help," I held her hands firmly. "Friends..." she muttered more to herself. It's a bit odd that she looked disappointed. Did I say something wrong? "Xiennah, what's wrong?" I tilted her chin so that she's facing me. "Yes, you're right Chole. We're friends. We're just friends..." she smiled but it didn't even reached her eyes. "Sometimes, it's better to be a bit insensitive and naive than assume things. Chole, you don't need to worry. I'll resign if that's what you want. Besides you're right. I can look for other jobs out there. And please, don't offer me some money again. That's quite offending." She went out of my car before I can say anything. "Xiennah, wait!" She stopped when I called her. She glanced back, "And Chole, please don't be so good to me. I might fall for you, hard" She winked at me and left. I smiled bitterly. I can't love again Xiennah. I love her too much but that love only broke me.