CHAPTER 26 SAVING ME TWICE

Xiennah's POV

I went home late. Ashe already settled everything with my boss. You see, I still have my job every night in this high class bar but then it turned out that the owner was actually Ashe's close friend. I haven't yet met the owner since he assigned a manager already to facilitate the place in his stead. But still, I want to meet him to at least give my gratitude for letting me have a break tonight. You see, Ashe occupied my whole night and though I hate to admit it, it really helped me unwind from all these stress especially that I was so preoccupied with the thought that I'm losing Chole bit by bit. We spent the whole night in that hill and we talked a lot. It was actually fun talking to him. He was so funny. I never ever imagined liking him even as a friend but who knows. But I still remembered all the things that he did to me and that reminds me not to ever trust him. He took me home already passed midnight.

I went to school too early hoping to see him. After that incident, we never had a chance to talk. Yeah, I'm talking about Chole. He always avoided me and he was so good at it. He even exchanged seat with one of our classmates. I went to our classroom hoping to find him but no one was there. I tried going to the football field in our favorite tree but he wasn't there. I went to the school rooftop, my last option. Before I could totally open the door, I heard voices. I slowly went out and there I saw Chole happily talking to Rhaine as they eat their breakfast together. He looked so happy and I'm not. They never noticed me as I walked towards them and hugged Chole from behind. He stilled. "Chole, I'm looking for you. And I'm never expecting seeing you here with a friend," I said emphasizing the word friend. "What are you doing?" He asked as he gently removed my hands away from him. He moved closer to Rhaine, away from me and it totally hurt me. Why Chole? Are you really in love with her? I can't lose you Chole. I love you and I'll do everything it takes to get you back. "What do you mean?" I asked playing dumb. You can't easily get rid of me Chole, I promised you that. "Don't make this difficult for me, Xiennah. Please, I'm doing my best right now to make the right decision. I did countless mistakes in the past and regretted it all. I wanted it to be different this time. And for the first time in my life, I'm doing the right thing." "What do you mean, Chole? I can't understand you!" "I'm choosing my first love, Xiennah. Her happiness comes first, more than anything in this world. I love her too much even more than myself. That I'm willing to sacrifice everything if it's for her own sake. So please let go of me. I'm sorry." "You want me to let go?" "Yes. Besides, literally, how can you let go of me if we never been in a relationship before? But you told me about your feelings for me and I don't want to be rude so I'm giving you a favour. I'm trying to play nice here by asking you to let me go and that means your feelings for me too. I courted you once, but you made me wait. I waited but at the same time I'm so glad that you did, since I realize that I never ever love you all along. So please, let go of me and move on. Find someone better, someone that will never leave your side, someone that can be with you a long time." I was out of words as I stared back at a very serious and determined Chole. He took Rhaine's hand and they were about to leave me when I called her. "I thought you love Ashe." I stared at her but she just looked away. "I gave up on him," she said head bent down. "You gave up on him," I repeated. "He just told me he loves me... just last night," They looked up at me, surprised. I could see the hurt in Rhaine's eyes but Chole's expression was unreadable. "I'm happy for you, then." Chole smiled at me for the first time in weeks but that only hurt me more. He's happy for me. "I... uh... need to go," Rhaine left. "Wait!" Ashe shouted running after her. But I grabbed his hands. "Chole, please stay. I don't want to lose you. I'm sorry I made you wait." He gently removed my hands but I held on stronger. I was already crying. I never cried in front of others before but now I don't care. The pain I'm feeling right now was so unbearable. I wanted to shout all my frustrations. "Xiennah, I love her. If you truly love me, you want me to be happy. And I'm happy with her. So please, let me go." "What do you want me to do then, Chole? Do you want me to beg?" I asked as I began to kneel down. "I'm sorry." He said then left. "I'm happy for you"... Chole's words kept on repeating in my mind. What should I do? I stared at the opened door, realizing that I was alone... again. I cried my heart out but the pain didn't even fade a bit. I don't know how long I stayed on the floor but I waited, hoping that he'll come back for me. But he didn't...

I called Rince, one of my flings here in the campus. I waited for him in the rooftop. Right now, I need company. I don't have any friend and I couldn't even depend on Ashe. Though we talked last night, and I hate to admit it but it was fun talking to him, I still couldn't forgive him for what he did to me, sleeping with me when I thought he was Chole. "What happened?" Rinse sat beside me as he curiously stared at me. "Nothing. Same old, same old," I sighed. He knew of my family problems and I knew he was assuming that I'm having that problem again, as usual. "I need someone to talk to right now," I stared back at him. "I can comfort you, in my own way," he said as he began to caress my thighs. "No, not that way. I just wanted someone to hear me out." I knew I sounded desperate but who cares? He sighed. "You knew what, you changed a lot. I liked you better before. And if you really wanted me to help out, let me do it my own way." He started to caress me in an uncomfortable way. I closed my eyes. He was right. We've been doing this before. Every time I got problems, he would usually comfort me in an intimate way. He started kissing my neck sensually and usually, I would be so responsive, liking every bit of it. But this time was different. I don't know but it felt so wrong. He started kissing me, forcing my mouth to open, deepening the kiss. I kissed him back. I lay down on the floor as he was on top of me, doing all the tricks. He was about to open my blouse when Chole's handsome smiling face flashed in my mind. I pushed Rinse forcefully, causing him to stumble back. "The heck?! Why on earth did you do that?! Don't tell me you're changing your mind! I won't allow it," he said as he moved on top of me again. "No! Let go of me!" "Never! I've been so patient before. Doing all these intimate things with you, but you never really gave yourself totally to me. You just let me kiss and caress you and that's all. But today would be different. I've waited long enough. Besides, don't act hard to get because let's face the fact; you're not a virgin anymore. A lot of lucky assholes already got a taste of you so let me have one too," he said as he licked my stomach sensually. Yes, he pulled my blouse up but I still tried to fight back. But to my dismay, he was too strong. So I pulled his head and kissed him hard. He was surprised at first but he kissed me back. "In one condition, Rinse. Let me be on top. I wanted to be the dominant one." He smirked as he lay down on the floor and I moved on top of him. As I did all the tricks, I secretly took my phone lying beside my bag and press its emergency speed dial. As I remembered it was Chole's number registered in my speed dial but I'm not really sure if he'll come to my rescue. "Rinse, I want you to open up your legs for me. I wanted to feel more. I can't get enough of you," I tried to fake a moan. "Shit! Yes! Baby! I like it rough and hard! Ride my buddy down there," he was so aroused that he closed his eyes as I caress his manhood. I then suddenly punched his groin causing him to groan in pain. He was surprised and I took that opportunity to run away from him but he grabbed my leg. I forgot, he's an expert in martial arts. Yes, he's a taekwondo athlete since elementary. "You bitch!" He slapped me in the face and that made my nose bleed. I was so weak that I laid half unconscious on the floor. "This time, I'll have you for sure. I'll make you so sore that you'll not be able to walk for weeks," he said as he laughed evilly. I wanted to fight back but I was out of energy. Chole... Where are you? Please help me. Chole... I was crying silently as I felt my uniform shred to bits. But before he could even totally undress me, I don't know if it's out of desperation that I'm imagining things already, that I just saw Chole rushing out the door and knocked Rinse out from the back before I totally lost my consciousness.