CHAPTER 22 JUST AN OPTION

Xiennah's POV

I thought Ashe Grey was just provoking his twin brother when he said that Chole's first love also transferred in our school but he indeed was telling the truth. We were surprised the next day when our professor just introduced the girl to us as Rhaine Latche. She was pure American with fair skin, straight blond hair, green eyes, pointed nose, and pink plump lips. She's tall. And when she smiled, she's showing her nice set of white teeth. The only flaws that she had were her slightly flat chest and a slightly flat butt maybe because she was a little bit skinny for her age. But overall, she looked like a doll with her angelic face. I even felt insecure by her beauty. She looked simple yet stunning with her school uniform, black high heeled school shoes and limited edition hand bag. She told us that she came from States and her reason for transferring here was personal. She then asked our teacher if she could sit beside Ashe Grey which by the way was in front row, and in returned Ashe just smirked while looking back at Chole who was so tensed at that moment. His twin brother was indeed an asshole! I will never forgive him for stealing my virginity from me! I'm aware that he didn't rape me or whatever but I've thought he was Chole that time! Surely he knew that I mistook him to be his twin brother but he never said a thing! Instead he took an advantage of my ignorance! I'm afraid that Chole might find out about it in time.

Chole was so tensed the whole time. He was stealing glances at Rhaine, wearing an unreadable expression but I bet that he's just suppressing himself to show his love for her and that hurt me more considering that I was beside him yet he never spares even a glance at me. It's as if it's just him and Rhaine, everything around them blurred including me. I've thought he's courting me. "Chole, are you alright?" I poked his side but he didn't even react. "Hey, back to earth Chole! Are you still there?" I poked his side harder which caused him to look at me confused. "Are you talking to me?" said a frowning Chole. "Chole, I was just wondering if you're available after class." "Why?" he asked confused. "Can you help me with our Math assignment later? We can just stay in the nearby cafe if it's okay with you. I mean the place was nice and calm and very suited for doing assignments." I blabbered. He just smirked at me. "Are you asking me out?" he asked teasingly. "No I'm not," I said looking away. "Yes, you are my love. See, you just blushed," he said then pinched my nose. "I was asked for a date by a fine beautiful lady and who am I to reject it, right? So yes, it's a date," he said grinning. I pinched his side for being so childish but he just laughed at me. "Hey, you two are flirting again in my class," our professor commented. I was about to say something when Chole stopped me. "Don't say a word, Xiennah. If I remember correctly, we were put in a detention room the moment you tried to defend us. Besides, I can't threaten Mr. Gonzales with my dad unlike other teachers here because they are best friends. So I will greatly appreciate it if you'll just zip your mouth," he put his forefinger in my mouth and winked at me. "That's it! You two get out!" Without a choice, we ended up going out of the room. I was happy that time for making him laugh not until I noticed that he was looking at Rhaine as we went out of the room. And when we were outside, he suddenly became serious. "Xiennah, I'm sorry but I need to do something. Let's just meet later at the cafe okay?" he said then left. Why is it I feel that he was just faking everything? That he was making Rhaine jealous by being sweet to me. He walked away from me and the only I thing I did was to stare at his back. "Don't leave me Chole," I whispered.

Since Chole left, I decided to have an early lunch at the school's cafeteria. I chose the farthest side since I really have no friends at all to mingle with. Rhaine Latche... I still remember how Chole looked at her earlier. I don't know their past but I think there's something going on between them. I admit that she's indeed a beauty and I couldn't blame Chole for liking her. She's the complete opposite me. I wonder if ever I changed myself, will Chole learned to look my way. Will he be able to realize my worth? I tried imagining a conservative and friendly me but it grossed me out. Could I really make a fool out of me by faking everything and pretending to be someone else? To possess everything he wanted in a girl though it was all an act? Could I take that risk of changing myself totally for him? I knew I'm pretty and I would never lose to her when it comes to looks. I thought it was enough but I'm wrong. I admit I have the worst attitude and though I'm not proud of it, at least that's the real me. I'm aware that she doesn't only looked like an angel but she's also has this positive aura and angelic personality causing everybody to like her. Maybe I have to change my attitude for Chole? I was so lost in my thought that I barely felt someone poking my side. It was quite sometimes when the poking became harder that I suddenly looked beside me and I found Ashe staring at me so close that his nose was actually touching mine. I was so surprised that I jerked back causing me to fall from my seat and stumble on the floor. Students were staring at me, trying to suppress their laughter. "What are you looking at?!" I shouted at them and they looked the other way around. I was glad that I still have this bitchy aura in me, which students here were afraid to clash against me. Ashe lent his hand towards me with a smirk on his face but I ignored him, stand on my own and walked out. I felt him following me so I confronted him. He has still this annoying smirk plastered on his handsome face. Yeah, I admit his handsome but so what? With his egotistic, boastful and rude personality, his good looks were all put in vain. "What do you want?" I still remembered what he did to me, that night that I thought he was Chole and I gave myself willingly to him. I wanted to have my revenge but I'm afraid that Chole might find out about it and he'll get furious and leave me. "I enjoyed our night together," he said casually. "Don't ever go there." "Why? Are you afraid that he'll know?" He walked towards me with his intense gaze and he was about to touch my cheeks when I slapped his face hard. "What the heck?! No one ever slapped me before," he said dazed. "That's for me and this is for hurting Chole," I said and kicked his groin causing him to stumble on the ground, groaning in pain. "And by the way, don't ever brought that topic up, you might regret it," I smirked and left Ashe with his still disbelief look.

I was waiting for Chole for half an hour when he arrived. "Thank goodness! I thought you'll never come." I was just kidding but he looked kind of guilty of my remark. "I'm sorry I almost forgot," he said shyly. "It's okay. I know I've been just an option these past few days," I said acting hurt. "Hey, Xiennah that's not true," he said sincerely. I was trying so hard to look serious since I'm just kidding around. "Whatever. Anyways I'm so hungry right now for waiting hours for you here," I said still trying to make him guilty. I don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe I wanted to figure out if he indeed truly cares for me. He sighed guiltily and called the waiter. "What do you want to eat Xiennah?" he asked me. "Just like yours," I replied. "Okay. Please serve us lasagne, chocolate cake, and cappuccino for two." The waiter already left and I already took out some of my notes and began writing my math assignment when he held my hand and kissed my knuckles. "You're blushing," he commented. "No I'm not!" I bit my lip to suppress my giggle. "You're doing that again." "What?" I asked confused. "You're biting your lip again," he stared at my lips and gulped. "Stop that, you don't look cute and sexy at all," he said blushing. "Oh really..." I teased and smirked. My other hand went under the table and tried to sensually caress his thighs. "Shit!" he cursed tightening his hold on my hand. My hand went higher and higher until it's almost on his private area that I stopped. He looked so red, biting his lip obviously suppressing a moan. "Xiennah..." he pleaded. "Hmmm..?" I hummed creating circles on his thigh. "W-we're in a public place," he said, his voice barely a whisper. I just stopped when the waiter arrived with our order. We set aside our notes and started eating. He was still holding my hand even while we're eating. He's trying to be sweet and I could see the sincerity of his actions. I was done with lasagne when I started eating the chocolate cake. I felt like I'm in heaven eating it with its dark chocolate bursting out every time I sliced on it. He was suddenly laughing at me which I find odd since I was focused on eating the yummy frosting. "What?" I asked confused. "You really eat like a kid," he remarked and wipe something from my face then my lips with his thumb and he then tasted it. "You're right. It's addicting," he said staring at my lips. He looked at me as if he wanted to kiss me. I wanted to but I'm not really fond of PDA, well Chole did. We were staring at each other when we heard Rhaine Latche entered the cafe and greeted us. Chole immediately removed his hand from me and looked at Rhaine smiling from ear to ear. "I'm sorry. Am I disturbing you guys?" she asked. Fucking yeah! I wanted to yell at her. But Chole stand and took her hand. "No. I'm glad you're here. I missed you." She hugged him tightly. "I missed you too Chole. I'm sorry we hadn't had a chance to talk when we were in our classroom. I was trying to fix something," she said meaningfully. They both sat in front of me. "It seems you're still in love with him," he said with pained expression. "Well, yeah. I never love someone else. It's him and will always be him. But for years, he never showed any sign that he likes me back," she said sadly. I just realized how insensitive Rhaine was. She never noticed the pained look Chole was throwing at her. He looked away. "I see." He said his voice a whisper. "Anyways, though I wanted to chat with you guys, it seems you two were dating, am I right?" But Chole just looked down. He's about to say something when I interrupted him. "Yes you're right Rhaine. He's courting me now," I said smiling at her. I was surprised when Chole shot his head up and frowned at me. He laughed awkwardly. "She's just kidding Rhaine," he said and held her hand. Rhaine stared back at him and widen her eyes as if a realization just hit her. "I'm sorry Chole. I have to go," she hurriedly left. We were silent for I don't know how long when he suddenly talk. "I'm such a jerk," he laughed filled with sarcasm. "So, you're not courting me huh?" I asked him trying to suppress my hurt. "I-I don't know. You're right Xiennah. I'm confused," he said looking down. I stand. "I-I need to go too, Chole. Let's just talk tomorrow," I hurriedly left. I heard Chole calling back at me before I closed the door of the cafe, leaving him behind. I was crying silently while walking down the street. I still have a job at that club and I still have an hour before time. My feet led me to the park. I was just sitting on the nearby bench. I was crying silently, looking down so that no one will see me crying when I felt someone sat beside me. "You know, there'll always be rainbows after rain," he said. He sounds familiar but I didn't dare look at him. He placed a white handkerchief on my lap. I didn't look at him since I really hated it when someone sees me crying. Still head bent down, I thanked him. I felt him leave and I took his white handkerchief. There's an initial of "A" sewn on it. I wiped my tears with it. He's right. There'll always be rainbows after rain. I still have hope. Chole was just confused. I'll fight for him until I can fight no more.