CHAPTER 4 BITTER

Xiennah's POV

I was in a dilemma right now. How could I approach him? I'm not implying that I liked him or something in a romantic way, but I liked him as a friend. Okay, I admit that I'm physically attracted to him, with his handsome features, who wouldn't? In fact, he was far the handsomest guy here in our campus. With his American blood, he sure looks like a model with well-built muscular, six-packed abs body. But I never allowed myself commitment and I never believed in romantic love. I just toyed with boys every time I get bored or if I wanted someone to cuddle me every time I'm in trouble. But with Chole, I liked and respected him and he doesn't deserve to be toyed with a bitch like me. He's my friend and I don't want to lose him. So I decided to look for him. The first place that came in my mind was my favourite spot on the school's football field. And I was right. He was sitting under the same tree, reading. I was hesitant to approach him. But before I could even make a step, he suddenly turned in my direction and smiled. As if reading my mind, he patted some space beside him, telling me to sit next to him. I just stared at him. "Don't get embarrassed for something couples usually do. I wasn't just expecting such scene in a school's clinic." He laughed. "He's not my boyfriend." I blurted out. I don't know why I said that but it's true. "He's not your boyfriend." He repeated. He frowned as if confused. "On my defence, I'm not a prostitute. He's just one of my toys that I would eventually get tired to." "You shouldn't play with someone's feelings." He suddenly became cold. I looked at him but he was unreadable. It's my turned to frown. "Why are you affected? Are you Mr. Hopeless Romantic? Do you believe in romantic love?" I laughed. "No. But there were people who do. I was like that, before she..." "Before she...Who's she?" I asked curiously. "Never mind... But I'm telling you, don't do that ever again. It's not funny falling in love with someone who'll eventually break your heart." He said then left. "I knew that feeling Chole. I knew it very well," I silently muttered.