CHAPTER 15 CONFESSIONS

Xiennah's POV

We presented our report and our teacher was so happy that he said we had exceeded his expectation. Well, Chole do all the talking and I just assisted him. He was still the same cold guy. How I miss the old Chole. I tried yesterday in his house to talk about his sudden change of attitude towards me, about our conflict but he just dismissed it as soon as I opened it up. He doesn't want to talk about it. But I still tried. I insisted in resolving our conflicts that only made him furious and I was left with no choice but to go home.

I was on my usual spot on the tree reading when I was suddenly hit by a ball. I felt dizzy. Everything looked blurred even the man who tried to lift me up. "Hey miss! Wake up! Shit, your nose is bleeding!" The last thing I felt was him carrying me in a bridal position before everything turned dark.

I woke up in a school clinic. My head still hurts. "Thank goodness you're awake! I'm sorry for hitting you. That was an accident," the boy who I haven't noticed before suddenly said beside me. The boy looked handsome and cute at the same time. He has dark hair, grey eyes, slender pointed nose, thin lips and stubborn chin. He has tanned skin and he's tall. And when he smiles, he showed his nice set of white teeth. "No worries," I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. "Anyway, I'm Ashton Drew Phillips," he shook my hand. "I'm Xiennah." "I know," he smiled. "You knew?" But he just smiled at me again and shrugged his shoulder. "Anyways, are you a transferred student here?" I asked. I haven't seen him before. "Nope, our family actually owned this school," he said casually. "My room was at the Junior High School Department building which was at the furthest corner of the school compound and it was also my first time to join the Soccer League of our school," he added. "So what grade are you?" I asked more. I don't know but I'm quite comfortable with him. "I'm already in Grade 10." "So, I'm two years older than you," I said but more to myself. I'm surprised that I'm quite disappointed. "Oh no! You got it wrong. I'm supposed to be also in Grade 12 like you. I'm already 18." So we have the same age? But what did he say? Grade 12 like me? How did he know that I was already in Grade 12? I haven't mentioned it to him. "How did you know that I was already in Grade 12?" He shrugged his shoulder and just smiled mysteriously at me.

Ashton walked me to my classroom. He was being a gentleman by carrying my bag. Actually he insisted saying that I'm still weak enough to carry anything. What the heck?! I was just hit by a ball, not by a bulldozer. He was just over reacting! When we were already in our room, I noticed our teacher wasn't yet here. I took my bag from him. I was surprised when he kissed me on my cheeks! "See you later, sweetheart," he winked at me before he left. I was still on shocked when I heard someone coughed behind me. I looked at him. "Chole..." He grabbed my hands and pulled me to I don't know where. I just found myself on the rooftop. He's still holding my hand. "Chole..." He sighed. "I don't know what to do anymore," he stared at me. I just looked at him. What was he talking about? "Are you seeing him? Are you two dating?" he asked. "What is it to you?" I asked. I hate him. He's not talking to me for two weeks now and suddenly he would grab me and talk shits. "Damn! Just answer me!" he shouted. He looked angry. "I don't need to explain to you," I was about to leave him when he pulled me suddenly towards him and kissed me hungrily. I was surprised and stilled. He bit my lower lip sensually causing me to partly open my mouth and he then thrust his tongue inside. Our tongue duelled as he deepened our kiss. He sucked my lower lip as moan escaped me. We were breathing hard when he stopped kissing me and he pressed his forehead towards mine, closing his eyes. Obviously, he was fighting for control. That's our first kiss. "Xiennah, you're making me crazy." He stared at me then back to my lips. I bit my lower lip, my habit every time I felt nervous. "Don't do that if you don't want me to savagely kiss those sweet lips of yours until it became too swollen," he said still staring at my lips. I gulped. "I did everything. But you already made a mark here," he said touching his chest. "What are you talking about?" I asked nervously. "I like you, Xiennah. I don't know when and how it happened. It just did," he said staring intently at me. I was very happy that moment. For the first time, someone I like, like me back. I want also to confess back but I remembered his mom's warning. Even though Chole learned about it and even if we'll hide it from her, she'll still eventually find out. And she'll do something to break us apart. It's better for us to be friends for the meantime, at least we're together. Maybe in the future I'll confess, but not now. "I'm sorry Chole," I said and move out from his embrace. I was about to leave him when he said something that immediately melt my heart. "So I heard it right. You'll never love a guy like me," he said looking down. "What're you saying?" I asked innocently but I remember saying such lie to her mom. He looked at me as a tear escaped from his eyes and smiled sadly to me. "At least thank you for being honest," he said and was about to leave when I grabbed his shirt towards me and kissed him. He was surprised at first but then he responded to my kisses. We were out of breath when we stopped. "You're such a loser," I mocked him. He frowned. "You kissed me, then you're telling me a loser?" he's obviously pissed. "You're giving up easily. I think you're not serious at all," I said. I don't plan to confess back to him but damn I can't lie any longer. I love him and damn all the consequences. "I'm not giving up. I know you're just playing hard to get, baby." He smirked. "So?" He asked waiting for me to say something. "I like you too, Chole" I replied. In fact, I wanted to say "I love you" but I bit back the word. I think it wasn't the right time since we're just starting and I wanted us to take everything slowly. He held my hands and kissed it. "I hope you're the one, Xiennah. I don't want to experience another heart break again. I almost died. I hope we'll make it, love" he said and kissed me on my forehead. "Just hold me and I'll not ever let go. Or even if someday people will try to break us apart, I will never ever give up on us. Even if you're the one who seems giving up, I'll be the one to fight... for the both of us. And if at the end, you left me, I'll still be by your side unless you wanted me to let go, then I will. You just have to be honest Chole, remember that you have the final say."