CHAPTER 14 THE GIRL ON HIS PAINTING

Xiennah's POV

We travelled for an hour before we entered a private compound. It was a wide pineapple plantation. It was at least 10 minutes since entering the private compound that we arrived in our destination. I can see a big house at the far-end of the road. Beside it was a horse stable, I guess? But I thought it was a house. But I was wrong; it was a mansion painted primarily with white and royal blue, inside an elegantly modern styled golden gate. It was like a modern castle with large glass windows elegantly decorated with black curtains. A huge veranda was situated at the center, with white railings decorated with hanging ornamentals and a large glass entrance with white silk curtains to it. We entered the place and I was more amazed because it was far larger inside, too spacious that it could be used as a room for social dancing and other large events, its floor was made of black marbles while a huge chandelier hanging above a long slightly twisted golden stairways with charcoal blue carpet on it. At the right side was a wide living room with a lion skin-made rugs, on it were two antique couches covered with baroquely decorated white linen matched with four antique sofas with the same design. Two white beanbags with tiger skin cloth above it. An antique mahogany colored table situated at the center, above was a crystal-made dark green snake with red eyes design twisted as the vase itself, the tail as the bottom and the snake's head found at the top as the opening of the vase, mouth opened wide, showing two pairs of fangs. A bouquet of white roses was placed on the vase. Colourful gems were scattered above the table. Another chandelier but a smaller version was hanging above the living room itself. Besides it was a bar with some various champagnes and old wines hanging and some wine glasses arranged at the counter. There's at least three stools found at the bar. At the left was just a wide open space leading to I think pool area and kitchen. "Just go upstairs and look for a room with a door labelled "back off"". That's my room and you just wait inside. I'll just prepare us some foods," he said. "Don't you have any maids?" I asked. "They're on leave, okay. And no further questions, it's annoying." He left me. I went upstairs and looked for his room but I didn't find the door that he described so I just randomly opened each door. But what really caught my attention was the door at the far end of the hallway. It was as if there's something pulling me towards that door. So following my instinct, I entered that room and I found that the room was filled with all the painting stuffs. But what really caught my curiosity was a big portrait of a beautiful lady drawn in charcoal. She was smiling genuinely wearing a summer hat as wind blew her hair sideways. It was labelled "Rain Latche". Who was that girl? I don't know why I suddenly felt hurt. The portrait showed the painter's emotion. Was it love? It's as if the painting affected me damn much to the point that I badly wanted to tear it to pieces. "What are you doing here?!" I heard Chole said coldly behind me. "I-I'm sorry. I thought this was your room." "I told you a room with a door labelled "back off" so if I remember correctly, this room was locked and there's never a label in this room's door. And besides does this look a bedroom to you Stupid!?" "I'm sorry. I didn't find any door that you described," I apologized but he just frowned at me. "I think the label just fell off for some reason," he said more like he was talking to himself while holding the label I guess? "So it wasn't my fault after all," I said smiling. "Whatever. Follow me."

We were inside his room and Chole opened his laptop to start our project. I was just sitting on the couch observing his room. It was clean with white tiled floor, white ceiling, powder blue walls and a huge glass window with royal blue curtains that leads to a veranda. There was a modern designed black bed with black pillows and comforters. Small black tables at each side of the bed with white lamps above it and a wide sheep-made rug below the bed was located at the center of the bedroom. A large blue couch, two blue beanbags and a crystal coffee table with a black gothic designed rug were arranged beside the large window. I also noticed another glass door leading to the dressing room and comfort room. I told Chole that I have to pee but the truth was I just wanted to roam around his room. I have to pass by his dressing room before entering the comfort room. I noticed several cabinets all in white that were arranged on the left side of the dressing room and the walls and ceiling were made out of mirrors. The black tiled floor was covered with rug made of sheep's wool. A crystal compartment separates the dressing room and the comfort room. The comfort room was all in powdered blue walls, ceilings, and even the tiled floor. One section of the walls was made of mirror from up the ceiling to bottom floor. A cabinet filled with personal hygiene regimens beside the mirrored wall, a shower room at the right side that was only covered with matte crystal that anyone can see through what was happening inside, and a huge black Jacuzzi at the center with a small chandelier hanging just above it highlights the said room. The room was well-ventilated and lighted enough to appreciate everything, including the different coloured stones surrounding the Jacuzzi and some white vases with different variety of orchids. Indeed, Chole was too rich! He told me awhile ago that this was his father's mansion but I didn't notice anyone here besides us. Well, maybe they're all on leave. I went back to him and I saw him sitting on his bed, his back was on the headboard of the bed while doing something on his laptop. I'm still mesmerized by the way he looked. He's too handsome for me that sometimes I felt shy every time I imagined him loving me back. Was it even possible? He caught me looking at him but I just earned a frown from him. "What are you doing there? Can you please do your part at least? We're both on this project, remember. Unless you wanted us to work separately," he said without even sparing a glance at me. He looks so serious typing something. So I did my part but at the end of the day, I failed to contribute anything since he always refused my ideas saying that it was all lame. He did the entire job while I just sat beside him doing nothing. He was so smart to the point that I looked stupid in front of him. And I hate myself for it. I wanted to be better for him. I wanted to at least be enough for him but I guess he was just too high to reach and too perfect for me. But I already love him, so I don't care if we were worlds apart, or if he has a so perfect life while I have some messed up and complicated one. I don't care at all as long as I love him, which what matters the most.