CHAPTER 36 PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION

Xiennah's POV

Ashe texted me to wait for him at the school's waiting shed. I've never told him that I'll give him a chance but he just assumed that I did. I told him not to expect but he's so persistent I eventually gave up. I don't know... I just felt that I'm not yet ready for another drama in my life. I discouraged him, yet he stayed with me. I was always alone before, but my life changed because of him. Ashe was always there for me through ups and downs. And I'm afraid that I'm getting used to his presence.

I've been waiting for him for half an hour already and I'm starting to get annoyed. I'm not really patient. So to kill time, I decided to sit on the bench beside the alley and listened to my favorite playlist with my headphone while reading a book. It's not so long when I noticed several students crowded near the entrance gate. I was so curious of what was happening there that I blend in with the crowd and waited for the source of the commotion. And there I saw Ashe just went out of his black sports car, wearing his head phone obviously listening to some playlist. Though his school uniform was neat, all buttoned up, he carried his black back pack in one shoulder and walked like a bad boy with his usual poker face, unaware that students around him were star-struck, amazed by his looks. Or maybe he noticed, but he just didn't care. He looked around as if looking for someone and I knew he was looking for me. Truth be told, I felt special. Imagine these students were head over heels with this hot-looking guy who happened to be courting me. Sadly, I still love his twin brother. I decided to step back and blend in more in the crowd so that he'll not notice me. I don't want to farther complicate things. They already hated me enough, and when they learned that this guy was in love with me, all hell would break loose. He was still looking for me and he already looked pissed. And for me, the more he frowned the more he looked cool and handsome. But when he smiled, that's an entirely different story. I mean he rarely smiled. And I just noticed that I was the only person here who could make him smile. And that fact was heart-melting. Besides, when he looked hot when frowning, he looked like a demi-god when smiling. I still couldn't believe it. I smiled secretly. What did I ever do to make this guy love me? If only I met him first, maybe I could've fall for him instead. And if only our first meeting wasn't that cliché, maybe things before wouldn't be this complicated. Yeah, our first meeting was indeed so ironic. I made love with him thinking that he was Chole. But that was already in the past and I already forgave him. Some random girl went to him and approached him. She looked shy as she handed a piece of paper. I guess it was a love letter since there were heart designs all over. Ashe was smiling while reading it. But there was something wrong with his smile. I don't know. Maybe I was just being paranoid. He tapped the girl's head and that encouraged her to tip-toe and kissed him on the cheeks which he avoided. He was still smiling at the girl when he suddenly crumpled the paper and threw it away. The crowd gasped in unison while the girl cried running away. I was expecting the students would hate him for what he did but it was the other way around. They looked amazed. What the heck?! Seriously?! They were still idolizing him in spite what he did, yet I didn't do a thing but they despised me so much! The world so fair after all. He suddenly shouted at the top of his lungs. "Xiennah!" The heck?! I felt nervous all of a sudden as I hid in the crowd and was about to leave when he called me again. "There you are." I didn't look back as I tried to walk away when someone suddenly grabbed my hand and I saw a pissed Ashe in front of me. I tried to break free but his grip was too strong. "Ashe let go of me," I whispered. I didn't want to start another commotion. "Are you hiding from me?" "I don't know what you're talking about and I need to go," I said faking a laugh. I noticed their angry stares at me. If looks could kill, I could've torn into pieces. "I texted you remembered?" "But!" I was surprised when he suddenly kissed me on the cheeks. "What're you doing?" I whispered angrily. Someone suddenly called our attention. "Excuse me, why are you with her?" A group of cheerleaders smiled seductively at Ashe. "Ashe, she doesn't deserve you. She's a..." he interrupted her. "Don't say it," he warned. "Don't you dare humiliate my girlfriend." "Girlfriend?" They looked shock and that includes me too. What the heck was he talking about? "I'm not your girlfriend," I complained. The girls looked relieved. "Of course, that would be impossible," the girl looked at me from head to toe obviously mocking me. "Much worse if it's you. If you think it would be impossible for Ashe and I to be together, how much more if it's you?" I looked at her from head to toe, mimicking her awhile ago. "You're nothing but this," I showed her my dirty finger and that made Ashe laughed. "Remember the girl awhile ago; he didn't let her kiss him. But looked at this," I grabbed Ashe's shirt and kissed him on the lips and he stilled. Maybe he wasn't really expecting my bold act but he eventually kissed me back. It was not really a smack, but a French kiss. Yes, French kiss in the public. Talking about PDA's. We stopped the kiss when we felt we're running out of air. "See?" I smirked at them. "Bitch!" she shouted. "Ashe! She's a bitch!" she said desperately. "Ashe I love you! I've been in love with you ever since you entered this campus! I love you! Ashe!" "Stop it!" Ashe shouted. "Everybody listen. I don't care whatever bullshit and non sense you're all talking about. But don't you dare insult her," he held my hand. "She's not my girlfriend but I'm courting her. You know why? Because I love her. I love Xiennah Vasco," he shouted at the top of his lungs. He looked at the girl; I assumed was the head cheerleader. "You're right. She doesn't deserve me because I've been a jerk. But I'll change for her because I love her." "Ashe..." she pleaded. "I hate desperate women...," Ashe grabbed my hand and left the crowd as I looked back and winked at her mouthing the word "Bitch".