CHAPTER 23 CHILDISH REVENGE

Xiennah's POV

It's been a year of working every weekend in the Sweet O' Cherry Cafe located just beside our school. As usual, only few costumers dined in the place obviously because only rich people could afford the expenses here. I was on my usual post when I heard someone called me. I saw Ashe grinning wickedly to me from ear to ear as I walked closer to him. I remembered in him the devilish Cheshire cat in the story Alice in the Wonderland. "Here's the menu book sir," I politely handed it to him when the truth was I badly wanted to hit his head with it. He looked too happy that I felt uneasiness as if my instinct was telling me to run as far as I could from this notoriously good for nothing guy as he read the contents of the menu book. He looked as if he's planning something that I surely wouldn't like; yes another prank. I left him as soon as I received his orders since I'm not really comfortable when he's around. I served the food as soon as I was told when he called me again. "I never ordered this," he said calmly. "No sir. You clearly ordered this food," I said patiently trying so hard not to kick him. "Oh come on! I thought waitresses here were professionally trained. I heard positive reviews about this place, but I guess I heard wrong," he complained so loudly that I'm afraid my boss might hear him. I was always told that costumers were always right. Businesses exist because of them. The heck! That's pure bullshit! I knew for sure he's doing it on purpose! I caught him secretly smirking and that made my self-control snapped. "I know what you're trying to do and I won't let you. Cut that childish act now. You look stupid." "Are you seriously telling me that now? I'm stupid? Well, who slept together with a stranger and worst it was his suitor's twin hmm...." I forcefully covered his mouth since he's obviously making his voice so loud that everyone around us would surely hear him. "Don't you dare!" I whispered to him but with great emphasis. I acted as if I'm about to kick him but he just interrupted me. "May I remind you that you might get yourself fired if you do that," he playfully warned me, giving me a challenging look. I remembered that I needed this job. My mother still needs her daily medication so I have to earn as much as I could and losing a job wasn't an option. "What do you want me to do then?" I calmly asked him, secretly praying that he'll stop this childish act now. "I'll not eat this. I want this instead." I was about to leave when he called me again. "Anyway, you can eat this," he said pointing at the food on his table. "Since you'll be the one paying for that," he added trying so hard not to laugh. "What?! That's not fair!" I shouted at him but he just ignored me. I looked nervously at the menu book, specifically to the price of that food and I nearly fainted! How could I afford this if its equivalent to my half a year salary here? I looked at him in disbelief, half expecting that he was just kidding but I saw him looking back at me seriously. "Are you really expecting me to pay for this?" I controlled my temper but I knew I was already at my limit. I'm trying so hard to earn as much as I could and even skipped meals just to save money. But this jerk would never understand. He only cares for himself! Unfortunately, I couldn't just leave this job because I have the contract signed and besides this job provided me with a scholarship. "Please don't do this," I almost choked my words. I hate admitting defeat especially when I knew I'm right. "I can't hear you," he remarked trying obviously to provoke me. "Please don't do this," I said louder. "Are you begging? That's new!" He laughed at me. He looked so happy and that made me so furious that I secretly kicked him hard. "Ouch!" He shouted in pain and that alerted our manager. "Is there any problem sir?" He asked politely. Oh come on! That asshole didn't deserve respect. "Your waitress just..." I panicked. "No! I'll do everything!" "What?" Our manager stared at me as if I just grew horns out of my head. "There's no problem here. You can leave us now," Ashe calmly told him. "What did you just say?" He asked me smiling. "Nothing." "Okay. I'll call your manager. You just kicked me remember?" "Okay okay. What do you want me to do then?" I sighed in defeat. "Let's have a date." "Seriously?! But Chole is courting me. Besides, I love him." "I don't care. Date me or you'll lose this job. Don't worry it'll be a little secret between us. Just date me once." "Are there any other way?" "Date me or I'll call your manager right now," he stared at me seriously. "Okay. When?" I asked impatiently. "Tonight. I'll just call you later for the venue. And please don't look at me like that. I'm not that bad as you think. You see, girls love me. They always do. And that goes with you too." "Oh please! You're kidding me right? You're so full of yourself, you know that? You're nothing but a jerk, an asshole and a man-whore!" He looked pained for a second but I guess I'm just imagining things because he smiled at me. "We'll see about that. We'll see..."