CHAPTER 30 STOLEN MOMENTS

Xiennah's POV

I went to school early. I was hoping to see Chole but he wasn't around. I waited for him in the school's entrance gate when I saw Ashe calling someone on the phone. I was surprised my phone vibrated. So he's calling me... again... But I ignored his call. He looked so pissed. Sorry Ashe, I need to do this. I want to know the truth. I felt there's something going on between Chole and Rhaine that involved me. So I hide behind the tree. Luckily, he didn't notice me.

It's been hours already. I didn't attend our class. I just waited outside the school's gate but he never came. I remembered he was sick last night. I suddenly felt worried so I decided to go to his condominium unit. I was glad I haven't yet returned to him his spare keys. I opened his room and I saw him sleeping in a couch. I felt relieved. I was glad he was fine. I went to him and when I caress his forehead, he was hot. He has fever! Where's Rhaine? She's the girlfriend! She should've stayed with him and took care of him. But on the other hand, I was glad that she wasn't here since I wanted to take care of him all by myself. I cooked some soup, bread, some vegetable salad and herbal tea. "What're you doing here?" I was surprised that he was already awake and standing by the door. I was presently in the kitchen, doing all the cooking. "Cooking?" "You know what I mean." He looked pissed. "Uhm... I'm sorry I messed up your kitchen without your consent. I already prepared your food so just wait for me there in the couch, okay?" I smiled at him. His eyes became soft showing understanding for a second but eventually he became cold again. "I don't need your help." But I ignored him. I prepared all his food on the table beside the couch. He sat on the couch without a word as he stared at me. He was just observing me as I prepared everything. We eat in silence but I knew that we're comfortable with each other in spite all the recent events. We've spent months together after all; those times when Rhaine was still in States. Yes, everything started when Rhaine and Ashe came here. Everything became so messed up because of them. Though I'm happy I met Ashe, but still losing Chole wasn't really worth meeting them. Yeah, I still love him... It never faded a bit.

He took his medicine afterwards. "Thank you. You can leave now," he said opening the door. I was hurt but I smiled. He doesn't want me to stay? First blood! "But what about you? I can stay here if you want." "I'll just call Rhaine." Double kill! I felt he just shot me twice. Opening the door for me to leave, and then saying he wanted Rhaine here instead of me. "But I'm already here." I insisted. "I don't need you here. I want her," he looked annoyed. Triple kill! "Besides, you really don't need to do all these. You're not my girlfriend. Rhaine is." Chole was beyond Godlike. Someone kill him now! No... I mean someone kill me now. I felt humiliated. I felt hurt. I don't want to cry but I'm afraid my tears would spill any moment now. Why am I doing all these? Why am I always humiliating myself? Why am I insisting myself to you? Why you? In spite all these, why do I still love you? Why... "O-okay..." I went out of his room. And I also wanted out of his life too. But I really can't. For now... I was distracted as I crossed the street outside the subdivision. I wasn't aware that there was a speeding car ahead of me. I froze as I waited for the car to hit me but I was surprised when strong arms pulled me away and felt myself being crushed in a hug. "I was glad I followed you. Because if I didn't... If I didn't... you would be..." Chole was hugging me. I felt hot. No, Chole was burning hot. I remembered he has a fever. He looked pale. "Chole, you're hot," I said worriedly. "Thank you though I always know that," he winked. "Chole, I'm serious! You're burning hot! I guess we have to go to the hospital right now." "Don't worry about me. I already took my medicine, remember? But I think in order for me to get well, I need to get unwind. You know how to drive a car, right?" I just nodded and followed him to his car, wondering what he up to be.

We drove for an hour before we arrived in a private resort. A yacht was waiting for us. We were accommodated well. I learned the yacht was theirs including the resort. I sat in the lower deck, where I submerged my feet in the cold water. He sat beside me. "I thought you wanted to spend time with Rhaine?" Are you doing this out of guilt?" "No, though I would never forgive myself if something happened to you. Also..." "What?" I stared at him but he was looking the other way around. "I... uh... I can't help it. At least, even if it's temporary, even if only for today, we can do this stuff." "What do you mean?" But he just smiled at me as he joined our hands together. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm indeed an asshole." "Why the sudden change Chole? Is it really because of her?" I stared at him. He was looking in the ocean, as if he's in deep thought. "There was once a girl whom I fell in love with. We love each other so much but things changed. Fate had been cruel to us, we were separated. And now, we met again. I just couldn't lose her again. I love her so damn much I'm doing this for her. Everything was for her. She's my priority. After all, she's my first love." "She's lucky. She's so lucky I wanted to cry right now." I pretended to laugh as tears streamed from me. "Xiennah..." "No, don't say anything. Don't apologize please. Apologizing was like telling me I don't have any chance at all; that no matter what I do, you'll never choose me; that it will always be her. But Chole..." He stared back at me. "Can I steal you away from her?" "Xiennah..."  "No. Don't say anything. Just hear me out please. I know you love her. I know you'll choose her more than anything. It's always her and will always be her. I know all of that. But even so, I still love you. I want to fight for you. So please Chole let me." I grabbed his collar and pulled him towards me for a kiss. He was shocked at first but he responded to my kiss. We were out of breath when we stopped. "I love you," I whispered. He was about to say something but I covered his lips with mine again. "I'll not stop Chole, I swear, until you gave in to me. That's a promise."

We changed the topic. Instead, we talked about random stuff. The awkward atmosphere was gone and I felt like the old Chole just returned. He was like before, easy going and fun to talk with, as long as he wouldn't bring up the topic related to Rhaine. We lay down on the wooden bed and enjoyed the sun's heat as we listened to his playlist. I noticed he fell asleep. He looked peaceful in his sleep unlike when he was awake. Recently, I noticed he was always so serious and in deep thought. I don't have any idea what was bugging in his mind. If only he trusts me enough to tell me his problems, but I guess he never did. I took the opportunity to take a picture of him while he was asleep. He's really handsome. Though both the twin brothers exactly looked the same except the color of their hair and eyes, Chole was more of a good boy personality- mysterious but friendly. Ash on the other hand was more of a bad boy, being rude and sarcastic all the time. I thought no one could be worse than me for being war freak, but he did beat me there. He's not a gangster but he always acted like one. My life's a mess when he's around while I'm always peaceful when I'm with Chole though things were different recently. He'd been a jerk to me these past weeks. But still, remembering their argument, I decided to know things because I felt like there's something going on, something he's hiding from me. And I'll find out soon. So for the meantime, I'll just be contented seeing him like this. But it never means I'm giving up on him because I'll never will.