CHAPTER 2 WE MEET AGAIN

Xiennah's POV

I went to school too early so that I don't have to deal with my stepfather who was drank last night. I left the house while he was still asleep. He would always ask for money from me and every time I refused, he would beat me up for hours. I told my mother everything and begged her to leave him but she was given no choice. She told me that her family owned him a big debt and that they couldn't pay. That was also the reason they were wedded. My stepfather came from a rich family but when he inherited everything, he became so engrossed with all his wealth that he spent a lot gambling in casinos and spent great cash in drugs. But time came that he lost everything, even the mansion he inherited. He used to love my mother and he just used her family's debt as an excuse to wed her, but when he lost everything, he changed. He couldn't blame himself so he directed all his anger and frustrations at her and that includes me. My mother said that she badly wanted to leave him for my sake but he always threatens her that he would harm her parents and me. She knew very well her husband that she believed without a doubt that he truly meant every word he said. But she could've done something. Anything... But to my disappointment, she never did a thing.

As I was saying, I went to school early and decided to stay at the school's football field to watch the athletes practice for the upcoming District Sports Meet. I went to my usual spot, under the only tree on the field but I noticed someone sleeping there with a book covered on his face. I frowned. I hate it when anyone uses that spot and everyone knew that. Though I'm not rich and influential, my fellow students were afraid of me because I'm a war-freak person. And no one messes with a bitch like me. Anyways, it's the first time that someone uses my favourite place. I came nearer and pretended to cough loudly but with no response from the intruder. Irritated, I went to him and removed the book from his face causing him to wake up. I was surprised. It was him! He was the man from last night who saved me. He stared at me as surprised was also evident on his angelic face. "It's you," he voiced out. I smiled. "We meet again. Thanks for last night." He smiled but then frowned as if remembering something. "You disturbed my sleep." He said in a monotone. "I'm sorry. I don't know it was you.  Anyway, is that your cat?" He just stared at me. I suddenly felt conscious. "Why is he staring at me?" I thought to myself. "Why are you, uh, staring?" I asked. "First of all, that's not my cat.  Maybe it's just happen to be there while I'm sleeping.  Second, I just want to get my book back. And why are you blushing anyway?" He asked me, his left eyebrow rose while his right hand was in mid-air waiting for me to hand his book to him. "Uh, you're right. I'm sorry. Here." I handed the book to him. He got his bag from the ground and before he left he glanced back. "And by the way, you look disappointed. I wonder why," he smirked at me then left.

It was first period in the morning. Our professor was early as usual. "Good morning class," he greeted. "Good morning Mr. Buenaventura", we greeted back in unison. "You have a new classmate today. He was a transferee from States". He ushered someone to get inside. I was surprised that it was him again. "Good morning, I'm Chole Bleak Summers. My father was American and my mother was a Filipino. Though I was born here, I grow up in States. We had just migrated here for some business reasons." "Thank you. We only have one seat available; please seat beside Ms. Leah." He said pointing to the last row near the back door. "Sir, can I ask a favour?" "What is it?" "Sir, can I sit beside Xiennah? I can see that the seat beside her is available. Please." "But, she already have a seatmate." "So I can assume that her seatmate is just absent. Sir, do you know my father?" "And why are you asking me that?" Our professor frowned, clearly confused of the question. "His name is Vladymyr Vanche Summers," he said smirking while our professor suddenly turned pale. He went directly to me and sat beside me. What the heck just happened?!

Picture shown above was just copied

Picture reference: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/97/7b/ec/977becc0a6c1ad7c45de0448378dfc2f--hot-anime-boy-anime-guys.jpg