CHAPTER 25 A SHOULDER TO CRY ON

Xiennah's POV

Ashe carried me on his back to his car. I tried very hard to escape but he was just too strong so I eventually gave up. I hid my face in his back as my tears kept on flowing. "You have to give me a new shirt." "What?" I asked him. What was he blabbering about when I was very depressed right now? "Cry as much as you can. Messed my shirt up I don't care. You can just buy me a new one later." "You're such an asshole," I said but I couldn't help but smile. He just saved me from farther humiliation. "But a very handsome one," I could imagine him smirking. I never met someone that egotistic and narcissistic like him. We drove for an hour. It's almost 7 in the evening when we arrived. He led me to a hill overlooking the city. It was so amazing! The city lights and even the stars were like fireflies in the night. It was also full moon. He took a cloth and placed it on the ground under the only tree on that hill. He brought a basket with wine, some breads, lasagne, chocolate mousse, ice cream, fruits and water. The place was so romantic. Everything was just so perfect except that I wanted it to be him... I wanted to be with Chole this very moment, in this romantic place. Could I just pretend Ashe to be him? "You're so eerily silent. Here, wear this," He took off his jacket and covered me with it. "Hey, ignoring me? Couldn't you just give me a simple thank you?" he said as he sat beside me. He lay down and I followed him, the basket between us. "Uhm... You just abducted me, remember?" "But still... you like the place," he insisted. I looked around me. He's right. I love the place. I never had been here before. "I accidentally found this place just a week ago. And you're the first person I brought here with me." I stared at him as he looked up the sky. They really looked the same, except with the color of their hair and eyes. Well, also with their personality who were completely undeniably opposite. "Take a picture, they stay longer." Ashe said as he looked back at me smiling. I felt my heart suddenly beating too fast as I stared back at him. But in his face, I felt like looking at Chole. Yes, maybe that's the reason. I saw Chole in him. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him. "What do you mean?" He asked back. "Don't play dumb, you idiot!" "You really love to cuss, you know that?" "You're changing the topic. Come on! Tell me. Why are you doing this? Why are you making my already messed up life worse? What did I ever do to you to deserve this?" I said as I remembered all the things that he did to me. "Am I that bad to you? Can't you see it?" "What do you mean?" "I like you okay! At first, when I thought that you're my twin's girlfriend, I planned on ruining your relationship." "What?! Why?!" "I'm sorry. That's why I purposely seduced you while acting as him and made you slept with me. I have my reason why I'm doing this. It's because of him. It's just happened that I thought you were his girlfriend that's why I included you in my plan. But later on, the more I spent time with you... I don't know... It's just felt so right to be here with you. And now looking in your eyes..." "Are you kidding me? That's a lyric of a song! It'll end with the lyrics... the start of something new." I sarcastically remarked. He laughed so hard. "I've thought you'll not get it. But kidding aside, I think I'm starting to like you." I stared at him and I could see the sincerity there. "Why are you doing that to your twin brother?" He looked away. "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. But I'll say it again, I like you Xiennah. I don't know what the hell happened or when did it started. I just wake up one day liking you. And damn, I don't even have a single reason to like you but I just did!" He looked up, gazing at the stars. He's smiling but at the same time, I could see that he's serious. "But don't worry. I know you love him. I just wanted to spend this time with you. Anyways, you don't need to pretend right now. It's only the two of us here. You can do everything you want. Look at me, like this," He sat up and shouted. "I hate you! Because of you I lost everything! I'll never ever forgive you!" I looked at him and I saw hatred but eventually followed by his genuine smile. "That felt great! Now, it's your turn," he looked at me and waited. I stand and shouted at the top of my lungs. "I hate you! But I love you! I wanted to give up but damn as if I will! You want her? Well, I'm far better than her! She's your first love? But who cares? I don't give a shit! You're mine, you hear that?! You're mine! Only mine!" I laughed so hard. I don't know why but Ashe was right! It felt so great! I felt as if the entire burden and all the weights were all lifted up. "You sound scary," Ashe said smiling. "But he's lucky." He added. "Does it mean you're giving up on me?" I asked. "It depends..." "It depends on what?" "Secret..." "Oh come on! Cut it out Ashe! Just tell me!" "Where's the fun in that?" "I really have the feeling you're not serious at all." "Try me," he challenged. "Eww! Never! That's gross!" "Seriously Xiennah? Seriously?" Ashe replied laughing his head off.