CHAPTER 10 MEETING MY BIG BRO!

Xiennah's POV

We travelled for hours. I still felt awkward due to our last conversation. I promised to him I won't fall in love with him. Gosh! Why did he even bring that up? I pretended sleeping; at least I wouldn't have to deal with this awkward silence. Not until later that I felt really truly sleepy, his car stopped and I felt him touched my cheeks. "You're so crazy you know that? And you're even crazier staying with a man who can't love you back," He said gently. What is he talking about? I stilled. I wanted to listen to whatever he has to say. I have the feeling that he can't say it directly to me that's why he's speaking now while he thought I'm asleep. "I'm not dense Xiennah. I know all along that you love me." I felt nervous all of a sudden. He knows? "But I'm sorry if I can't love you back. You see, there's a girl back in State whom I love so much for so long that I can't even remember when's the time I started loving her. And I'm still deeply in love with her," He said sadly. I don't know what to feel right now. My chest hurts. But I lay still, so that he'll continue talking. "I know I should've let you go so that you can move on. But I'm too selfish. I lost her already. I don't know why I'm so afraid of losing you too. I'm confused right now. I don't know if I'm starting to like you too but I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you falling in love with a broken guy like me." I felt him kissed me in my cheeks. By the time he moved back, I felt the cold air of emptiness. I heard him sighed. Moments later, he started the car. We drove for I don't know how long until I fell asleep.

"Hey wake up, we're here," he gently patted my cheeks. I slowly looked around me. "Why are we in a cemetery?" I asked. He just smiled. "You'll see. Let's go," I followed him. I noticed the cemetery was clean and filled with flowers. There were garden landscapes beside the walls. Even the walls looked like it was newly painted. I found myself on a mausoleum. It was big but it was a lot bigger inside. The walls were covered with white marbles. The floor was tiled in black and white. A huge chandelier of diamond-looking crystals with gold and silver braces was hanging at the center of the mausoleum. The lighting was also sufficient and the place was well-ventilated. There were fresh flowers placed in expensive vases arranged along the hallway. The path leading inside was covered with a black mat leading to a white coffin. As we got nearer, I noticed a big picture beside the coffin. The boy on the picture was too handsome with his black curly hair, green compelling eyes, slightly pointed nose, stubborn chin and light pink thin lips. He was smiling showing his dimple on his left cheek and a very nice set of teeth. I guess he was on his fifteen during that time. I looked at Chole and he was so quiet. He looked so sad. We were like that for a while when he suddenly talked. "Hey big bro! What's up? I know you're very bored in there. If only you were here, maybe we will be playing video games together or we will be travelling for days having so much fun of our lives. I know you love to travel and buy some souvenirs. Maybe you'll be my personal trainer on chick hunting too." He laughed genuinely. "Chick hunting, what a term!" I laughed with him. "Anyways bro, I want you to meet Xiennah Vasco, my best friend. Xiennah, this is Topher Jay Summers, my older brother. You'll like her, she's crazy you know." "Hey!" I lightly slapped him on his shoulder but he just laughed. "She loves to sing and though she has a terrible voice, I still want to hear her sing. Maybe because she makes me laugh every time she does that. She's very moody and hot tempered but she's very easy to please. Others might judge her as being provocative and flirt, but I think otherwise. Well, she just needed a little taming from me." He looked at me and smiled. "Many said she's war-freak but they were wrong. I just saw a temptress and a fighter at the same time. She's so like our mom's favourite flower.  "Hey Topher, nice meeting you. I wonder if you're really brothers, you know you're handsome while Chole? No comment..." "Hey! Take that back! Many girls fell head over heels to me." He said defensively. I looked at him from head to toe and that made him conscious. "Hey stop that!" He was annoyed. I laughed. "You can't blame me. He's too handsome to be your brother. In fact, I think I have a crush on him!" I said teasing him. "You're unbelievable! Topher that's not fair. Every time I got a crush, the next time I know that girl already got a crush on you! And you're still doing that!" He nagged like a child which I find so cute. But what did he say? Crush? I bit my lip and stilled. Maybe I just heard him wrong? "Xiennah what's wrong?" He asked concerned. "Nothing," I replied. "Big bro I guess you already bore Xiennah so we better be going. Until next time Topher." We we're about to leave when his cellular phone rang and he answered it. "You should have told me earlier. Yeah, we'll come. I know, I know. Yes, you don't have to worry. Bye," he was smiling. "Xiennah, change of plans. We'll be meeting someone at the airport." "Who?" I suddenly felt nervous. I hope it's not her. "You'll about to meet the woman I first love," he said smiling. And I showed my fakest smile I could muster.