CHAPTER 32 LOST

Xiennah's POV

I was absent for days and my mom was getting worried. She had no idea what was happening to me and I just lied to her that I wasn't feeling well. I haven't eaten well too these past few days and I felt like getting thinner and paler. But I don't care at all. Also, Ashe called me for so many times I lost count, almost every day but I never answered his calls. I hated him. I knew I'm being judgmental jumping to conclusion that he was to blame but I couldn't think of other people that could do this. I mean I was hated always, yes, but no one knew of our first encounter. That night was just a mere coincidence; it just happened that we met. It's not as if it was planned or whatsoever right? So who could've taken and leaked our photos? It wasn't me so it means it was him. It's definitely him! I don't care if he had his reasons. And I'll never forgive him for this.

I decided to go to school since my mother insisted me to. Besides, I was worried about my scholarship. Yeah, I was worried that I might lose my scholarship because of the issue. I was expecting that the school might even expel me but nothing happened. I remembered Ashe's words- connections... Yeah, everything always became possible because of their money and influence. What a fair society, very fair indeed. By the time I entered the campus, several students were staring at me, others obviously mocking me. But I held my chin up and proceeded to my class. I went to the comfort room first to fix myself when I heard someone crying inside a cubicle. "No mom! I don't want to go back to States. Please listen to me! I don't love him okay?! Why are you insisting such an absurd idea?! He's just my best friend! Chole was just a friend!" I was surprised. Rhaine?! I hid on the next cubicle to listen more. "Mom, I love him! You knew from the very start that I love him! What're you talking about? Ashe's scandal?! It wasn't true mom. Ashe would never do that! He told me he loves me! Please mom... even once in your life you have to believe me! Please..." She cried harder. "What?! A month?! But that would be... Are there other way? Okay... I just have to make him tell you he loves me right? That he just had to give you an assurance right? Okay mom. I promised." What was that all about? I knew she's up to something. But I remembered Chole's words. I shouldn't meddle with things that had nothing to do with me. And so I won't...

It's been a week of avoiding Ashe and I'm quite successful so far. He tried so many times to approach me but I always find ways to avoid him. Also I never talked to Chole ever again. We always acted like strangers whenever we accidentally met or crossed paths. I still love him. But as Chole said, if I truly love him then I should let him go and so I will. The scandal issue also subsided. So yeah, everything came back to normal. I get my life back, my usual life before meeting the twin brothers- a dull, lonely, boring life. But it was far better... No complications... Nothing... It was far, far better, I guess... I also avoided the places I usually hanged out with them. I wanted to move on head straight on. No turning back... But... it was a lot easier said than done. Sometimes, I find myself glancing at him, thinking of all the memories I had with him. He even caught me a lot of times staring at him but who cares? Yeah, I still love him unfortunately... I even find myself crying sometimes... well let me rephrase it- a lot of times. It hurts damn much. We're in the same school; in the same classroom... he's just near but yet so far. What's worst was that I have to pretend that I don't care and that I already moved on. Well it sucks! But in time, I know I'll be able to move on. Besides, I just had my first step of moving forward, and that was letting him go.

I was at the school's library since the librarian attended a one-week seminar out of town. As her assistant, I was in-charge to facilitate the place in her stead. It was a very hectic week since I have to organize another batch of newly-delivered books. I finished everything almost 8 in the evening. I hurriedly locked the library since I still have a night job at the bar an hour later. I was almost at the school's gate exit when Ashe approached me. I tried to avoid him but he grabbed me by the hand. "Let go of me you jerk!" "Stop this non sense Xiennah," he said gently. "Non-sense?! Seriously?! Okay!" I removed my hands from him but his gripped was too strong. "Let go of me!" I shouted. But he suddenly carried me on his back and gently pushed me inside his car. I struggled but he was too strong for me so I gave in. "Where are you taking me?" But he ignored me as he drove the car to God only knows where.

I found myself in that hill again. It was my second time visiting the place. "Why did you bring me here?" "We need to talk." He said calmly. "No need. I don't need to listen to whatever bullshit you're about to say." I was about to leave when he called me again. "Are you sure you want to leave? Do you know the way home?" I froze. He's right. I'm not quite familiar with the place. "You brought me here, so you have to take me home now." "Easy... I said we need to talk first." "And I said too that we have nothing to talk to. So bring me home, now!" I shouted. I tried to breathe deeper to control myself. I was already at my limit. "I never knew that you're a bit of a nagger," he said but an amused look showed on his face. "Whatever! Now bring me home now!" "No," he said with finality. "I hate you!" I pushed him away and left. "Wait! Where are you going?" He followed me as I walked faster away from that place. "Home. And don't you dare follow me!" I warned. "Are you sure? This place was quiet scary. In fact, I heard from the people here that this place was hunted." "I don't believe you!" I was afraid of ghosts but I won't give him the satisfaction of teasing me more. I walked faster and I noticed that he's just a step behind. I don't know how long I was walking, I lost track of time. My feet were already sore. "Uhm... Xiennah? I think we're lost." But I ignored him. I continued walking. "Where's the road here?! I was walking like hours already but I couldn't find the road." I was starting to get nervous. "Ashe? You're right. I think we're lost."