CHAPTER 29 MS. STALKER

Xiennah's POV

I researched on the internet ways how to make a man fall in love with you and one of the tips there was to know his likes and dislikes. We've been together for months before but I could say that there were still things I don't know about him. Like what really made him fell in love with Rhaine? What happened to them in the past? What's his favorite past time, movies, hobbies, places he wanted to visit? What are the qualities he was looking in a girl? I just realized now that what I learned about him before were just simple basic things like his favorite color, foods and sports. And though I met his family; we never really in good terms. I just realized that every time we're together, the topic was always about me. He always asked questions about me but rarely speaks of himself. So I decided that I wanted to know more about him and since he's avoiding me, I'll just follow him around secretly. If you're thinking I'm a stalker, well I'm not! I referred myself more as an admirer. It's been a week but there's no progress between us. I even avoided Ashe so that I could focus on my little monkey business. Besides, I knew he'll contradict. I could now imagine him scolding me, telling me rude things like I'm too desperate, that I don't have any self-respect left and that I'm a certified martyr for loving such an asshole. Yes, for weeks of being with Ashe, I learned a lot about him especially his rude personality. I always knew of his comeback words when he's annoyed or when he just wanted to be rude. Well, he was all the time except to me. But every time I do things that for him were stupid, I have to prepare my ears for his non-stop advices which by the way included cussing, and when I say included, that means a lot of cussing and sarcasms. So to make things easier, I kept this a secret. I don't care if he'll get mad or whatever. I never regretted following Chole around especially to what I just witnessed last night. I was a working student and I was usually assigned in the school's library. Since the librarian asked for my help to organize more than a hundred newly delivered books, we finished at almost 7 in the evening, the exact time I worked in the night bar. I rushed out, thinking that I'm almost late for my next job when I saw Chole and Rhaine having a quarrel in front of the gate, thinking they're all alone. I secretly listened to their conversation. "Chole, I hate her! He's stealing Ashe away from me! She's such a bitch! You have to do something about it." "But he doesn't love you. Rhaine don't make yourself suffer for someone so undeserving, someone like him! I'm here for you. Am I not enough?" Chole tried to hug her but she backed away. "We both know the truth in that, Chole. I'm helping you out since you're my best friend. But as a result, I'm losing him!" "You can leave me if you want." He said then left. But Rhaine grabbed his hand and faced him again. "That's the difficult part, Chole. I badly wanted to be with him but I couldn't just leave you! You need me! I just wanted you to do something. Just don't let that bitch stayed with him!" "I couldn't do that! She's happy with him! Please, don't make this difficult for me." He begged but Rhaine was so stubborn. "Please, even just once in your life, do something for me," she said then left. Chole looked so troubled. He stayed on the same spot doing nothing. I was surprised when he suddenly shouted and messes up his hair out of frustrations. I also have an internal battle between going after him to comfort him or just do nothing. But eventually, I decided to just watch him from a distance.

I don't know how long he was standing in that very same place. I was confused of their conversation awhile ago. Obviously, they're talking about me and Ashe. But I couldn't comprehend why Rhaine was so affected by me being beside Ashe when she clearly told me that she already gave up on him. If she chose Chole over Ashe, then why was she acting that way? As if she was so afraid of losing him. I don't understand. I felt that there's something going on, something I needed to know. Chole was definitely hiding something from me. But I'll soon find out.

Chole looked tired. I could see that he was so affected by their recent argument. I was just observing him from the distance, when he suddenly looked as if he couldn't breathe as he held his chest tightly. He knelt on the ground as he punched his chest repeatedly. He looked pained so I ran towards him and luckily I had able to catch his limp body before he totally collapsed. He was still awake as I carried him to his car. "We'll go to the nearest hospital, Chole. Just please, stay awake." I tried to calm down but the truth was I badly wanted to freak out. "No. Just leave me alone. It's nothing." He whispered. But I didn't mind him as I drove my way to the hospital. "No, Xiennah. I just want to go to my condominium unit. My medicine was there." I looked at a very serious and determined looking Chole. I sighed. "Okay."

Though I don't have any car of my own, I knew how to drive one since Chole taught me those times when he was still courting me. We also usually spent time in his apartment so I knew where to go. I assisted him as he sat in a couch and took something from the side table. I gave him a glass of water as he took his medicine. "What had just happened? Are you ill?" I asked hoping that I was wrong. "No I'm not. I'm only like this when I'm too stressed or depressed. I already talk to my doctor about this and he said that it wasn't really a big deal." "But you looked really pained." "I said its fine. Don't worry. Just leave me alone." "But..." "I said I'm fine!" He shouted. I was surprised by his sudden outburst. So he's really affected by her? "Okay. But in case you need anything, just call me." I was hurt but I tried to hide it. "Wait, Xiennah. I'm sorry." "No, it's fine. I love you so I don't mind," I said as I smiled sadly at him and left.