Library Nerf Gun Wars

The library was nearly empty, except for the ten nerds still in there. They were all skipping the party tonight that was on campus that was in one of the big frat houses to instead sneak around the library in two different teams of five.

There were Jeremy and Michael who were, of course, on a team together with three other people. Two of them were freshmen girls, one named Leigh, and the other named Anna. They were both really aggressive nerds and were super into the game- making them pretty good teammates.

Sky was the other kid on their team. Sky was a second year and kept managing to, somehow, get wedged betwixt bookshelves and shoot the other players with Nerf weapons. It was really hilarious to watch and even more funny to see the expressions of both Sky and Sky's victims.

Together, they formed the X-Men... obviously not the actual  X-Men, that was just their team name, and they were going to take down the other team!

Speaking of the other team, The Legion of the Avengers consisted of three girls and two guys. The girls- Lainy, Anya, and Christine- kept screaming "FUCK THE PATRIARCHY!" (Or "SCREW THE PATRIARCHY!" in Christine's case.) before they all gang-jumped one of the X-Men- excluding Leigh and Anna, who they kept trying to convert to their side. Oliver and Chandler kept face-palming every time they screamed that, and seemed to be regretting their choice of team.

This Nerf gun war had been going on for about two hours and forty-five minutes at this point, and things had gotten seriously intense during over the several hours of being together, and the teams had reconstructed quite a few times- although Oliver and Chandler seemed to want to change it again.

Christine didn't go to the same college as Jeremy and Michael, but came to their's for the night, since she didn't have anything to do. Besides, they needed another player to make it even.

Originally, Christine had been on the same team as Jeremy and Michael, but left them so that she could fight the patriarchy with Anya and Lainy. Christine was pretty high on sugar, and was massively giggly, making her give away her position almost every five minutes.

At this point, they were all James Bonding their way around the library, trying to take down everyone else. At this point, they were no longer keeping score- everyone had lost track- and were just playing for fun. Even though they weren't keeping score, everyone was dead-set on defeating the other team and leaving them to accept their Nerfy death in the campus library.

So, here they all were. Christine was helping Lainy and Anya kill the patriarchy; Sky was was planking on top of a bookshelf, shooting at Oliver and Chandler as they hid behind a desk; Leigh and Anna were army crawling around on the floor to attack the opposing team; and Jeremy and Michael were sneaking around, trying to avoid being mauled by The Legion of the Avengers.

Everything was going great.

After a while of only hearing the brutal screams of the others as they raced through the rows upon rows of books, Michael and Jeremy rounded a corner and saw how everything had gone to insanity.

The Legion of Avengers was now fighting against one another, with the girls shooting at the guys and screaming about wanting equality and the guys cowering in fear, trying to explain to them that they were also equalitarians. Sky was shooting at Christine, Anya, and Lainy from the top of a nearby bookshelf, since they were too busy attacking their own teammates in a fit of, frankly, somewhat warranted rage towards the world. Leigh and Anna were on opposite sides of a bookshelf, shooting at one another through the breaks in the walls of books, all while trash talking one another and laughing hysterically.

It had gone to absolute Hell  in the past three hours, and team Meremy decided to join them. And by that, they mean fighting one another.

"YOU ARE GOING DOWN, MELL!"

"IN YOUR DREAMS, HEERE!'

They ran around the library, shooting at one another, ducking under desks or jumping over them, bobbing and weaving through all of the bookshelves, and even using books as shields.

"Gah!" Michael jumped back behind a bookshelf just in time as a Nerf dart whizzed past his face. He stuck his head back out, "Hah!"

Jeremy had anticipated this, and shot another dart, this time hitting him in the middle of the forehead.

Michael's eyes went wide with shock, but he recovered quickly and ran after Jeremy.

Jeremy let out a high-pitched scream before running off, trying to loose Michael in the labyrinth of books. That didn't end in his favour, though, as Michael soon caught up to him and tackled him, pinning him to the ground.

Jeremy tried to struggle free and Michael pointed the Nerf gun at him, "It's over, Jeremy, it's all over!"

"I'll come back, one day! You'll be sorry!"

But Michael didn't even have the chance to defeat Jeremy before everyone else came crashing in and ambushed them with darts until there was no ammunition left and everyone was exhausted.

Sky had fallen off of the bookshelf and was lying face down on a pile of darts; Leigh and Anna were sitting on the floor, leaning onto a bookshelf and still smack-talking each other; Christine was sprawled on the ground, making snow-angels out ot the darts; Anya was sitting on top of Lainy, who was also lying face down on the ground; and Jeremy and Michael were huddled up together, all of their limbs tangled.

Eventually, everyone collected themselves and cleaned up the library, leaving to go get some cheap pizza and Chinese food at five AM.

It had been an amazing night.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the word betwixt?