The REAL Richard Goranski

This oneshot was suggested by and is dedicated to kalapyyy who won the Polly Anna thing last chapter

This oneshot was suggested by and is dedicated to kalapyyy who won the Polly Anna thing last chapter. I... I apologize for the picture. I am currently a bit off my illustrating game. I'm really not proud of this, and I'm physically cringing a bit at the fact that I'm putting this onto the internet, but I'm not just going to promise them an image for this and then not deliver. That's rude. So, yeah, I'm sorry, Kalapyyy.

It was freshman year and Michael and Jeremy were not ready for high school. Being the squeaky little first years that they were, they were constantly worried about getting to their classes on time and practically Naruto ran from class to class for the first few weeks. They were also pretty stressed for most of the time, as they had not anticipated the amount of homework that would be dumped on them, but they, eventually, adapted.

For lunch, Jeremy and Michael just sat at the table in the corner of the cafeteria that was farthest away from the others. They hated to admit that they were a little intimidated by the upperclassmen, but they would be lying if they said that they weren't. So, they avoided confrontation and tried to stay out of their way as much as possible in order to not get pummeled. As confident as Michael was, he knew that neither him nor Jeremy would have a very good time in combat against the older kids.

One day, about two weeks into the school year, a short, freckled, flame-headed boy came to their table. Once he had entered the cafeteria, he had looked around worriedly for a few moments before wandering around a bit, trying to find a place to sit.

Eventually, he made direct eye-contact with Jeremy and Michael and quickly went over to their darker and much less populated table, "Hey, can I sthit here with you guyths?" He had a bit of a lisp, but it still wasn't too difficult to make out what he was saying.

"Uh, y-y-yeah, sure." Jeremy nodded.

Flames sat down across from them at the small table and smiled shyly. His clothes were casual, plain, and kind of greyish. Even with his flaming hair, he didn't look like the kind of guy you would notice easily. He wouldn't stand out in a crowd. He sat in a position like he was curling in on himself a bit. He was very fidgety and seemed to be pretty nervous around the others, even though they were, much like him, clearly at the bottom of the food chain.

Michael could tell that, between Jeremy and this new Flames kid, this lunch period would be pretty awkward. He would need to initiate and carry the conversation, he suspected, as it didn't look like the other had enough courage to start it themselves, let alone make eye-contact with one another.

"So, what's your name?" Michael asked.

"Rich. Wha'ths yourths?"

"I'm Michael and the stuttery one is Jeremy."

Jeremy's face went scarlet, "H-hi." He cleared his throat aggressively after he both stuttered and had a voice crack, his face getting even darker.