Wow, I Neeeever Would Have Guessed

"I'm gay."

Of course, Michael had known this for a very long time. It wasn't as though this was something he had recently realized or even just come to terms with.

This was something that Michael had known since he was a young child.
He had never been attracted to females, only gaining crushes on guys or finding them physically attractive.

Michael had liked guys ever since he was young, but he didn't realize that it was strange until he was older when his birth father went off on Michael after he said something about a male actor in a show being cute. 

Shortly afterwards, his mother and father got a divorce and his mother obtained a girlfriend.
He had never seen her happier.

But that's beside the point.

The point is, Michael had been living his entire life knowing that he was gay, and it was only now that he was telling his best friend of twelve years.

Michael felt tense as the words left his mouth.

"Wow, really?" Jeremy's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Uh, yeah?"

"You said that you were going to marry Leanardo DiCaprio when we were little."

"Yeah, well-"

"And when we had the sex talk in fifth grade and had to look at those pictures of female sex organs you loudly went, "EWW." in the middle of it."

"Y'know what, Jeremy-"

"Dude, I'm pretty sure I've gone my entire life knowing that you were gay. It's chill."

"Well... good."

There was a moment of silence.

"What did you think I was gonna do? You're my only friend, moron, it's not like I could even leave you if I wanted to."

Michael snickered.  

Happy gay day!