Friends With Benefits, but For Kisses and Cuddles and Garbage

Jeremy and Michael were buried underneath Jeremy's blankets, cuddled up on his bed. Their legs were intertwined and their arms were wrapped around one another. Michael's head rested on Jeremy's chest and Jeremy's chin rested on top of Michael's head.

Things had been really stressful at both the Mell and Heere households and at school, so the two of them were just hanging out, watching Stranger Things, and sharing a joint. The two weren't quite high, yet, but both had a small buzz.

"Dude, dude, dude... I just had a realization." Michael said.

Jeremy shifted to get a better look at Michael, but left them both at an awkward angle, "Yeah?"

"We're like friends-with-benefits-"

"WHAT?!" Jeremy's face flushed red and he jerked away from Michael.

"But, like, with cuddles and kisses, and gay shit."

"B-but- I- That's-"

"That's gay? Yes, yes it is."

Jeremy blushed harder and Michael simply cuddled back into him, "Shut up, you know it's true."

Jeremy punched him in the arm playfully before resting his head back on top of Michael's, burying his face in the other's soft hair. He was still blushing pretty hard from what Michael had said. Hey, if he were to ever sleep with Michael, it wouldn't simply be a friends-with-benefits type thing- Jeremy loved him too much for that. Friends-with-benefits seemed cruel for someone Jeremy loved as much as he loved Michael- he deserved better than that.

Oh, that's pretty gay too.

But, in all honesty, that was a pretty fitting title.

Ever since they were little kids, they had always been super physically affectionate. Even when they were two, small, five-year-old beans they would walk around holding hands casually. They would still, sometimes, randomly just hold hands while they were walking with one another.

Ah, that's probably the reason everyone thinks we're dating.

Jeremy glanced down at Michael once he heard a quiet snore. Michael's face was blissfully free of stress and tension. His eyes were lightly shut and his lips were slightly parted. Michael's chest rose and fell slowly and steadily with his breathing patterns.

This was the most calm he had seen his best friend in a while and it was amazing.

After a moment's deliberation, Jeremy leaned down and kissed Michael's forehead.

Michael stirred slightly and smiled a bit. Jeremy was worried that he would wake up, but Michael seemed soundly asleep.

Jeremy smiled. "Yeah," he whispered, "That describes us kinda perfectly."

I based this off of something a friend once said to me.