Would it be Weird?

"Hey, Jeremy? Do you think it would be weird if I liked guys?"

Jeremy was twelve when his best friend asked this question. He didn't really fully understand sexuality, nor did he think of it often, but he did know that Michael was his best friend and that he loved him more than almost anything.

"Nope. If it makes you happy, then you should go for it..." but this got Jeremy thinking, "Is... it nice to kiss guys? Does it feel good?"

"I'm not completely sure." Michael admitted.

They fell awkwardly silent for a few moments as both boys pondered their sexuality and what it would be like to kiss another guy.

"We... we could always try." Michael suggested, "I mean, just to see what it would be like."

Jeremy blushed, "Y-yeah. We could."

"Do you want to?"

"Do you want to?"

"I guess." Michael admitted, "It sounds pretty nice. If nothing else, at least it would give us a bit of experience."

"Yeah yeah yeah." Jeremy nodded quickly, agreeing, "Experience."

"So, uh, should we?"

"I think that could be nice."

"Okay, so, uh, let's get started."

The two shifted in their beanbags to face one another and then proceeded to stare the other down uncomfortably.

"How do we do this?" Jeremy asked.

"Uh, like this." Michael reached up and cupped Jeremy's face gently, running his thumb over his cheekbone, before leaning in and pressing his lips against Jeremy's.

At first, neither of them were moving their lips. They both just sat there in silence for a few moments with their faces smashed up against each other.

Eventually, though, Jeremy started moving his lips and Michael quickly followed after him, trying to moving his lips in sync with Jeremy.

And, for a while, it was really nice.

Their breaths came out in short puffs. Jeremy's fingers were combing through Michael's hair. One of Michael's hands rested in a weird position halfway down Jeremy's torso, while the other was still attached to the side of his face.

It was less than perfect, but they both found it enjoyable- despite their first kiss being from their male best friend. Everything was great.

"Micah?" Jeremy couldn't move his mouth from Michael's.

"Gah!" Michael tried and failed to pull away from Jeremy.
Their eyes widened as they realized what had just happened.

Their braces got stuck together.

Needless to say, it was incredibly awkward to free their braces from the others'. 

I forgot that I wrote this a few months ago. Whoops.