Chapter 13

What the..? What was NK doing?

NK looked at Khushi and held her hand leading to table. What irritated the most was the fact Khushi was letting him.

NK went inside the cabin and took a box from the shelf and then only he noticed that Khushi's hand was bleeding a little because of the glass she broke.

How did he not notice this?

How could he be not aware of his client?

When NK cleaned the blood with cotton, Khushi started to protest,

“NK, leave it. Its just a small wound."

“Khush. Let me.."

Khush..?

Why am I angry?

Khushi let him do that because it had been so long since NK called her that. He was one of the three persons she let him touch her.

It's been so long. Khushi knew why he acted professional but she didn't want him to feel like that. It was like her Payal di was calling her mam. Like di, NK was family. Not by blood but by heart and soul.

NK kept his distance with her to punish himself to a mistake he thought he did. She forgave him and told him that a lot of times but he never listened.

Arnav didn't know why he was feeling like this and frankly he didn't care why or how. All mattered was the peaceful expression on Khushi's face and the reason was NK. He was torn between admiring her peaceful face and jealous of the reason.

“NK, stop this.."

“Khush, I told you.." NK told her, not looking at her while putting band aid on the cuts.

“Not this. Stop punishing yourself."

“Khushi, you know ..."

Khushi cut him in mid sentence, “Stop this. You're punishing me too by keeping your distance. So just stop it and that's final."

“Khush.. Oh khush" he hugged her.

Arnav killed NK in his mind thousand times just for that. To increase the pain in his heart,

Khushi looked at Arnav standing inside the cabin and motioned him to wait outside.

Arnav reluctantly went outside glaring at NK for umpteenth time. He couldn't help but feel angry for no reason (that's what he thought).

Why was he angry..? ASR never losed his cool. Just take deep breath.

This is his job and nothing else...

Khushi awkwardly patted NK's back.

“Oh kush. I missed you.. You know it was perfect punishment for me. Staying with you and at the same time can't reach you. "

“NK. I already told you that it's not your fault and don't feel guilty."

“But.."

“Enough NK. I want my friend back."

“Ooh.. I am your only friend. Right.? Wait till he hears that."

“Well, if you're my only friend, then he's my best friend"

“Not even letting him down in a joke. Aah... I am jealous.." NK said teasingly after pulling away from her.

NK knows that HIM and Khushi were inseparable. Both were NK's best friends and family. God..! How he missed khushi.

NK pulled from her and wiped the remaining tears. Khushi never let her guarded face mask down unless with three people. And he was glad he was one of them.