Graduation

*Three months later*
It was the day Yami and his friends graduated, Joey was excited to get out of that hell hole. Yami couldn't wait to see Yugi, he told Yugi about his graduation and his party afterwards, Yugi said he would be here definitely, it warmed Yami's heart to know Yugi would be there. Yami decided to go to the Domino college where Yugi went luckily they had classes there for people with no disabilities, he decided to be an artist, his drawings were really good as people have been saying, to him something was missing but he wasn't sure what. He mostly painted landscapes, people occasionally, he painted one of his mother for art class, it was very beautiful in Yugi's and his father's eyes. He wanted to paint Yugi something special but he had yet to figure out what. Yami told his friends about Yugi's feelings and they agreed to do sign language when hanging with Yugi. Yugi was shocked when they only signed and never talked but he appreciated it, he didn't feel left out on any conversations. They all enjoyed laughs, smiles, comfort one another and just having fun. Yami never did tell Yugi about what happened to his mother, Yugi respected Yami and waited till he was ready, he was really curious about her when he saw the painting Yami did for school. He told Yami that it was really good and that his mother was beautiful, Yami smiled and told Yugi that she was and that she was a wise woman and was always there for him in his times of need and comfort. Yami was getting ready for his graduation, putting on his school uniform and combing his wild hair. Aknamkanon came in and smiled" I know your mother is really proud of you Yami, she would be crying and giving a long speech about how her little boy was growing up" Yami smiles and looks at her picture" I know she would, I miss her everyday, I know I need to go visit her before I go to college since I haven't been able to recently cause of exams" "she would of understand as she always would want you to put your schoolwork before her because she did say you had a bright future in front of you" Yami smiles, he hugs his father" thank you Father, I'll be down soon" Aknamkanon nodded and left. Yami picked up his mother's picture and kissed it gently, at night before he went to bed he would always talk to her picture about his day and about Yugi. Some would say it's childish but he didn't give a rat's ass what other people think, it calmed him and always made him feel better if he had a bad day or just wanted to talk to her. He always told her about Yugi and their dates, Yami knew she would just smile and giggle happy to see her son happy and in love. Yami sits on the bed" well Mother, I finally made it, I am graduating today, I bet you are crying up there and saying all sorts of cheesy lines" he chuckles" I miss you everyday and I love you also very much. I'm going to the same college as Yugi, I'm going to be an artist since everyone has been trying to convince me since they seen my paintings. I want to paint Yugi something but I'm not sure yet, I want it to be special and really make it pop but I'm sure you would say it will come to me soon and that I would have to be patient for it" he kisses her picture and sets it down on his desk and walks out to his waiting father to take him to the school. The students have to be there early to know what they doing and where they would be sitting.

Yugi was straightening his tie, he was wearing a light purple dress shirt with a red tie, his hair was combed and added some sparkles in it, he smiles and nods, his grandfather was already ready waiting for Yugi, they were invited to the graduation and the graduation party, Yugi bought Yami a big art supply box as a graduation gift since Yami told him he was going to be an artist, he picked up the case, he also bought Yami a big easel so he can set his canvas on it and paint while being in front of the landscape he wants to paint, it was already in the car. Yugi walks downstairs and heads to the car, setting the kit inside the trunk so Yami didn't see it since he couldn't wrap it, he gets in the car and they head to the school.

(A/N: Going to skip the graduation, if you watched the Dark Side Dimension, the graduation will be like in the movie)

After Graduation; Graduation Party
Yami had his party at the mansion in the backyard, his friends and family were there. Luckily Bakura and Malik did not sneak any alcoholic drinks and not spiking the punch. Everyone congratulated Yami and his friends on completing high school, Joey slung his arm around Yami's shoulder" well pal! We are going to miss you when you are in college, but make sure to stay in touch ok!" Yami laughs" sure Joey, promise" Yugi smiles, he stayed away for awhile to let Yami hang with his friends, he noticed a picture he walked over and saw a young woman with long black hair at the edges they were red, her eyes were big ruby colored like Yami's, she was slightly tanned, around her arms was a small boy with spiky tri-colored hair, ruby eyes, smiling happily up at the woman. Yugi walked over and smiled as he figured out who the people were it was Yami's mother and Yami as a boy, he was curious of what happened to Yami's mother but he decided to wait till he told Yugi about what happened to her. He jumped a little when he felt arms wrapped around him, he looks over and glares playfully at Yami, Yami smirks, nuzzles his face in Yugi's hair, not really saying any thing just enjoying Yugi in his arms. Yugi turns" congratulations on escaping high school" Yami chuckles" thank you Little One, I see you were looking at the picture of me and my mother" Yugi nods, leans on him, looking at the picture, he extends his arms a little so Yami could see his signs" she's really beautiful Yami" Yami smiles and nods, he took Yugi's hand and leads him to a bench that was in the middle of the garden" its time to tell you about what happened to my mother, I'm ready so don't worry about thinking I am not ready" Yami smiles placing his hands over Yugi's" she passed away when I was fifteen, she was diagnosed with cancer when I was 10, it broke my heart knowing that she might not make it, I was smart for my age, so I knew what cancer was, every night I would cry and scream for her just so I know she was still alive... I was happy she was alive till she passed, I remember her asking if she was ugly since she lost her hair doing chemotherapy but I told her she was the most beautiful mother in the world, that was my last words to her before she closed her eyes and passed on..." Yugi cried a little because of the touching story he was told, he hugged Yami, hiding his face in his love's chest, Yami smiles and stroked Yugi's hair.

It was present time and Yami was very happy to have received tones of art supplies, canvas and sketch pads. He did doodle on paper time to time but he loved painting more he really loved the items Yugi bought him, he held onto Yugi and kissed him showing him that he loved it and he appreciates it. Yugi blushes and smiles, happy that Yami loved his gift, the party lasted till ten at night, every started leaving him Yami last congrats and good lucks. Yugi kisses him" date tomorrow?" Yami grins and nods" absolutely," Yugi smiles widely, heads off home with his grandfather to get some rest and looking forward to the date.