Chapter 17: "I really like you.."

Chapter 17

It's been a whole week since I talked to Jaden.

I got Jay dressed to go to Jadens moms again while I go to work. I honestly don't know how much longer I can stay at this hotel. It seemed better at home because I had more help with the baby. Now I have to wake up in the middle of the night because of Jayda, when usually, Jaden would handle it for me.

I drove her down to Jaden's moms house but before I could pull in, I noticed his car was there. I widened my eyes and before I could react, I seen him walking out the house. I ducked hoping he wouldn't see my car.

I watched him slowly walk to his car with his hands in his pockets but he glanced over my direction, and spotted me. Just my luck.

He looked confused for a second, and then made his way over to my car. I rolled my window down preparing to give him an explanation.

"Chanel?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"Why are you here? and where have you been? where's Jayda?" he looked in my car.

"Look I can't talk right now I gotta go I work but-"

"Fuck work." he growled. "I need to know why you took my child away from me for a week. And you turned your damn phone off! fuck wrong with you!"

I looked down trying to calm down.

"Look, I had a valid ass reason to do that. you cheated!" I said.

"I didn't mean to! that doesn't deserve for you to take my baby away from me, dammit."

"Well I gotta go."

"What were you gonna do with Jayda?"

"Drop her off at your moms." I got out the car and opened the back door, grabbing Jayda's carseat.

"I'll take her. I'm off work today." he said.

I looked at him and noticed how he looked as if he didn't get any sleep. To avoid another argument, I just gave Jaden the carseat and her diaper bag.

"Thank you." he said.

I nodded and turned around making my way back into my car. Jaden gently grabbed my arm and looked me in the eye.

"We'll talk later, okay?"

"I'll pass." I said.

He watched me get into my car and drive off.

I made my way to work and tried to calm all of that stress out of me. It seemed like work was the only place I actually didn't feel stressed out. I could relate to these kids so much.

As soon as I pulled up, I saw an ambulance truck outside. I scrunched my face up in confusion and hurriedly made my way in the school. just then, two paramedics held a crying Cartel on the stretcher.

"Cartel?" I gasped.

He didn't even speak. He just angrily looked away and they took him outside. The principal followed and I stopped her.

"What happened?" I asked.

|JADEN POV|

I know I didn't completely fix my relationship with Chanel yet, but at least I have my daughter back. That's all I need right now. She was sleeping in my arms right now as I watched tv.

As I was dozing off, a loud knock erupted at my door. I groaned and got up to open it. I saw three policemen standing there.

"What y'all want?" I asked with an attitude.