Chapter 19: Betrayed.

Chapter 19

He came jogging downstairs not too long after. "What you say bae?" he asked, walking up to me.

"There's police outside." I said.

His face turned serious. He looked through the peephole and pushed me back. "Move out the way." He said.

He unlocked the door and barely opened it. "Can I help you?" Jaden said with an attitude.

"We need you down at the station for questioning."

"Didn't I tell y'all I ain't had nothing to do with that shit?!" he said.

"Sir you might as well just go, because we're gonna be forced to take you. Let's go."

He clenched his jaw in anger and I lightly grabbed his arm. "Babe..what are they talking about." I whispered.

"They think I had something to do with diggy's disappearance! I don't talk to him no mo! he tried to kill my wife AND my child. What I look like fuckin with him?" he said to the officers.

"We have witnesses that say you-"

"Fuck yo witnesses!"

"Jaden, stop! before they arrest you! just go."

"I'm not leaving you here by yourself." He looked at me seriously.

"I'll be fine.."

"In fact, we need her too."

"For what?!" me and Jaden both said together.

"We have questions for her."

Jaden looked at me for my approval and I swallowed. "Um...okay." I said.

"You sure you wanna go? you don't have to if you don't want to." Jaden said.

"It's fine..ill just go." I said.

We followed them into the police car and they drove us to the station.

When we got there, they split us up into different rooms. I had a man questioning me. I sat in the seat and he offered me a cup of water.

"No thanks.." I growled lowly.

"Well chanel...tell me what you know about daniel simmons."

"There's not really much to tell. I knew him since freshman year and.. we started off on bad terms-"

"What do you mean bad terms?"

"Like.. let's just say we didn't like eachother so we weren't really friends."

"What about jaden? how was their relationship?"

"They were cool I guess.. but I mean things changed."

"How?"

"Diggys obviously tried to kill me when I was pregnant.. and he planned a drive-by that almost killed me and Jaden so... their not really friends."

"Do you have any idea why Daniel might be after you guys?"

"I....dont know. I never really thought about that."

"So there's obviously a reason right? you think Jaden might know?"

I shrugged. "He would've told me."

He nodded slowly.

"Well uh...ill let you go."

I got up and walked outside, sitting in the chair and waiting for Jaden to be finished. Not too long after, he walked out full of rage.

I stood up and touched his shoulder. "Babe-"

He shoved his shoulder off and walked away. "fuck off me."

I stood back in shock. "what the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled.

"Don't talk to me right now...please." he said.

"I can't fucking stand you." I walked outside.

When we got home about half an hour later, he was still steaming off. he was sitting on the sofa tapping his feet up and down and staring.

I sat next to him. "You don't wanna talk about it?"

He didn't answer.

"Babe?"

"I said leave me alone, dammit!" he yelled at me. I jumped back a little and stood up. I wiped a tear that was close to falling.

"Im gonna go pick up Jayda." I said, grabbing my purse and leaving the house.

I drove across the city to get to Willow's house. Once I arrived, I knocked and waited for her to answer. She held a crying Jayda on her shoulder and gave off a look of relief when she saw me.

"Thank God... she's been crying all day." she said handing her over to me.

"Aw..." I said. She stopped crying as soon as I held her in my arms.

"How was she?" I asked.

"Good. Except the crying part.."

I laughed. "She was probably homesick."

"Gotta get used to her aunty." she smiled.

"Yeah... well I better get going. Thanks so much."

"Your welcome." she gave me a hug and handed me Jayda's diaper bag and I was on my way home.

I took her car seat out the car once I got home and unlocked the door to the house and saw Jaden laying down, sleep on the couch.

I took Jayda's car seat upstairs and laid her in the bassinet since she was asleep. I got in the shower and threw on some pajamas once I got out. I found Jaden lying on the bed with a remote in his hand watching the television.

He looked over at me then back at the TV. I took the remote out of his hand and turned the tv off, getting onto his lap and straddling him.

"What.....are you doing." he said.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah.." he looked away. "I'm fine."

"You sure?"

He nodded. I leaned down and kissed his neck, feeling up his shirt.

"Babe..." he whispered in a groan. "Jay is...."

I kept kissing all over his neck and it was driving him crazy.

I lifted up and smiled at his face expression. "You need to stop before I do some things to you.." he said looking me in my eye. "Plus Jayda is back."

"I wasn't going to do anything anyways." I hopped off and went downstairs.

|DIGGY POV|

I rubbed my head and sighed as I continued driving down the highway. "Marissa shut up please.." I said hearing her sob in the passengers seat.

"I can't do this!" she yelled. "If Chanel or Jaden finds out I'm working with you, they'll kill me!"

"They not gone do shit.." I said. She was overreacting.

The thing is, since she was kind of close to Chanel I needed her help. I really really need this to work.

"We'll be in Arizona in no time, ight?"

She looked out the window and sucked up her tears. We still had a long way to go, but I'm too far ahead to go back now.