Chapter 1: Just Beginning

Chapter 1

He picked me up and spun me in circles, burying his face into my neck as he dropped the papers on the ground.

"Baby.. I'm so happy." he whispered.

He put me down and looked at me. "I'm happy too." I smiled. "We can finally have the child we wanted. The way we wanted." I giggled.

He laughed. "yeah."

"Now pick up those damn papers." I pointed. "My appointment dates are on that."

"Oh yeah sorry." He leaned down and picked them up, placing them on the counter. "I was too excited."

"Soo any names?" I hopped on the counter.

"Do you even know the gender yet?"

"I won't until like 2 months from now." I said.

"Well we'll have to wait." he kissed me on the lips.

"Now what's for dinner?" he opened the fridge.

I closed it on him. "Let's go out to eat." I smiled.

"Why? why not just a nice home cooked meal from my beloved wife." he kissed my hand.

I moved it away. "Whatever Jaden. What do you want to eat?"

"Steak and mashed potatoes?" he said.

I laughed. "okay fat boy. Have it your way."

When we started to eat, he told me about his day at work.

"So he wouldn't even sit, I was just like okay nigga whatever." He shrugged.

I laughed. "gosh! Isn't it hard dealing with those lil kids with attitudes?" I asked.

"Eh." he shrugged. "Eventually they just break down about everything."

"The usual."

The next day, I went to work at my nurse's office expecting a great day ahead of me. What did I get? the total opposite. I was losing track of everything and my head is not in the game today for some reason.

"Chanel!" I heard one of my Co-worker's voices.

"Yeah?" I looked behind me.

"Room 301 needs the vaccines! it was
On the board." she snarled.

"No it wasnt! that was Karen wasn't it?" I asked looking at the board with all of our names and room numbers.

"Oh never mind sorry." I said in a nervous tone.

"Better be. what is wrong with you today!" She growled walking away.

I rolled my eyes and made my way down to room 301, watching the impatient little girl and mother sit there, waiting.

"I'm so sorry." I said setting down the needles on the counter. "I was a little off track."

"It's fine." the mother sighed. "I would just like to get this over with. She hates shots."

"Yeah, sure." I said washing my hands and slipping some gloves on. I grabbed my disinfectant pad and started wiping the girl's arm softly.

"Is it gonna hurt?" she asked.

"Just a little pinch." I smiled. "I promise it won't hurt for more than a second. Okay?"

She took a deep breath. "okay."

I finished wiping off her arm and then I took the needle.

"Look at your mom, sweetie." I said.

"But I wonna see what you doin' to me." she said.