057

"You complete me." Gilinsky states as he rubs my arm slowly.

I look up at him, smiling even though he's not looking.

"I know."

"Even though we fight and shit, I want you to know you'll always be mine. Even if you're with some other dude."

I think of Nate and my smile fades. "I know." I whisper, wanting this conversation to be over.

"I'll try harder. Just don't give up on me." He says and my heart flutters.

"I won't. I promise." I reach up from his hold and peck his lips. I return to laying on his chest, falling asleep to his heartbeat.

•••

"You mean a lot to me."

"Huh?" My head spins around.

"We've had our ups and downs but you still mean a lot to me. I'm not even coming at you sexually, just I love you as a person." Sammy states as he continues to push the grocery cart.

"Awe, that's so sweet. I like you as a person too, Samuel." I smile and so does he.

"You're total is $361.89." The cashier states and I watch as Sammy pulls out his wallet, handing his credit card to the young woman.

After we check out and load the car, I rush to the passenger seat, turning the AC fully on.

"It's so fucking hot." I tell him when he scoots into the drivers seat.

He laughs and starts up the car. "Thanks for coming with me. I didn't think you'd still help me ever since we stopped dating."

"It's fine. I didn't expect you to know what to get, considering I always do you're grocery shopping." I smile and he does too.

"Soooo."

"So, what?" My eyebrows furrow.

"You're turning fucking eighteen in a week! Are you excited?" He asks and I smile again.

"Yeah, I am. I mean nothings really changing except that I can do what I want without permission, but other than that, everything's the same. I'm not getting my own place anytime soon. At least I don't think."

"What do you mean? All you've been talking about since we met you was you're eighteenth birthday. I thought you'd be in more of a hurry." He keeps his eyes on the road, making sure no ones coming as he cuts across a four way street.

"Jess and I might get a apartment together, but I haven't even been looking. If I started now, i probably wouldn't move until a couple months anyways so why worry over it." I shrug.

I watch as he licks his lips and glances over at me, steering with only one hand, using the other to rub the stubble on his chin.

"What are you thinking, Samuel?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He smirks.

•••

"Okay movie or call of duty?" I ask everyone who's gathered in my living room.

"I vote COD." Jess states and Hayes and Nate agree.

"Im actually feeling a movie." Johnson states and Jess rolls her eyes.

"Yeah same. I wanna cuddle with bri on the couch." Gilinsky adds his opinion in.

"How about we just hang out for a second. Literally we haven't all just had a conversation in a while." Swazz explains and my eyes widen.