088

Hayes

I follow her to the bed, sitting down beside her.

"Hayes, i-i'm so fucking sorry. I just, i can't even imagine how hurt you are, and that's the last thing I'd ever want to do." She starts.

I sigh, running my hand along my face.
"Gilinsky is one thing Bri, but Nate? You know how close we'd gotten and yet you still fucked with him the entire time. Not to mention he's dating your sister. That's fucking blood, bri." I tell her.

She nods her head, glaring down at her feet.

"I know and I have no excuse for anything. I'm honestly just out of words right now."

It frustrates me that she's not doing much talking but she is just calming down from what just happen so I can't ask too much from her.

"You were the only one that knew how to help me, Hayes. You don't understand how much that means to me." She breaks the quick silence, clearly that being on her mind.

"Because we've been through that together before. I thought everyone knew you get them." I shrug.

She shakes her head before sighing. "I've never had a panic attack in front of anyone but you. I just didn't think you'd know how to help for one that bad."

"I mean you obviously mean something to me. I'm not just going to let you go through that alone." I reach out, my hand stroking her head, making her look up at me.

She stares at me, not saying anything else before crawling near me.

"Hayes, I-" She says before I shake my head, telling her not to continue.

I push the back of her head towards me, kissing her lips before she can abject. She moves closer, fully wrapping her legs around my waist as she sits in my lap, continuing to make out with me.

"Fuck." I mumble, knowing I'm honestly not thinking right now. She hurt me. She did shit that isn't forgivable, but none of that comes to mind as I kiss her.

She starts grinding her hips against me, making me slip out a moan. Fuck, I should not be thinking with my dick right now, but she's making it so hard not to.

She leans back, giggling at my face, knowing her affect on me is crazy. I move down, starting to kiss and suck on her neck, making her wince.

I stop, looking up at her eyes. She pushes her hood closer to her neck, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Let me see." I demand her, my biggest fear coming to mind.

"It's fine Hayes, maybe we should just chill out before we-"

"Let me fucking see it, Bri." I raise my voice, making her jump.

She gulps before raising her arms, pulling her hoodie off. I glance at her neck, it swollen, yet bruised purple all around from where my hands wrapped.

I find myself starting to breath heavy, confused on why I would do something like this to her.

"Bri, im so fucking sorry. I-I don't know what came over me." I struggle to say.

I bring my head against her chest as I hold her tightly. She rubs against my head, not saying anything, which honestly scares me.

"Please forgive me, I swear to God i will never do shit like that again, baby." I beg her.

She just nods her head, reaching down to peck my lips. "It's okay. We're gonna be okay." She says.

•••

"You work things out with Hayes?" I hear, making me jump.

I hold my chest as I look over, seeing Nate leaning against the bar counter.

"You scared the shit out of me." I continue walking to the fridge, opening it to get a bottle of water.

"Sorry."

I turn back around to him, wondering what's on his mind right now.

"What are you doing down here by yourself at 4am?" I ask him.

"Couldn't sleep. Which i'm assuming you couldn't either because you'd never wake up for water randomly." He states.

I take a sip before removing it from my lips. "Yeah, my head's all over the place today."

He nods in agreement, tapping his fingers against the marble.

"You didn't answer my question, though." He says, looking back over at me.

I sigh before shrugging my shoulders.

"We still have a lot to talk about, but for right now we're okay." I tell him.

"More than okay if you stayed the night in his room. Didn't even give me a chance to talk to you tonight." He says.

"My mind's not even letting me think right today, let alone talk stuff out."

He starts walking over to me slowly. I take notice of his abs, his tattoos covering his entire chest as well.

"Who said we had to talk." He smirks, stopping in front of me. His hand comes up to my face, caressing the side of it.

I close my eyes, liking his touch before placing my hand on top of his.

"Nate we- no." I stumble out.

"Cmon. This is what we wanted, to be with each other the entire time. Now we're both single, so we can." He says.

He takes ahold of my waist, pulling me near him before placing a hand under my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"This can't happen anymore. I told you last time and I meant it." I say, finally my mouth letting out words.

He lets go, backing up with his hands held up in defense.

"Fine. If boring Hayes makes you happy then I'll let you figure that out before making a decision." He states, walking away from me, towards the stairs.

I let out a sigh of relief before looking at my own reflection on the fridge.

What am I doing? Like honestly, i'm really fucking up.

My hand travels to my hoodie, pushing the neck part down as I stare at my bruises for the first time.

Hayes image pops up in my head, how angry he was that got him to this point.

I run my hand along it, myself wincing at my own touch.

My lip quivers, my eyes beginning to water as I croak before covering my own mouth with my hand, silencing my cries.

A man has never hurt me, not physically, not even Gilinsky. I know I should be mad at him, but for some odd reason I can't.

I think it gives me a feeling of relief, like it makes up for the horrible things i've done to him. Plus, I know he'd never do it again, he promised, and Hayes has never broken a promise with me.

I wipe my eyes quickly before coming out of my trance, pushing my hoodie back up so it covers my neck before I turn, heading back upstairs.