065

"Last night was amazing, thank you for putting all that together." Johnson says to me, smiling widely as he sets a plate in front of me.

I return a smile, picking up my fork.

"I didn't see you for a while after you carried wasted Hayes upstairs, where'd you disappear to?" Sammy asks and I glance at Nate, whose coming down the stairs.

"Uh, I headed to sleep upstairs. I was feeling tired." I say.

As Nate passes by, he gently strokes my arm, trying to calm some of my visible nerves.

"So Gilinsky had a treat waiting for him in his room. That lucky bastard." Nash jokes.

"What treat?" G asks, now joining us downstairs.

"Bri waiting in your room last night."

"You were in my room?" Gilinsky makes a puzzled face at me, clearly confused.

"No. I crashed in Sammy's old room since I saw him passed out on the couch." I tell them all, nate starring at me intensely as he pours some cereal.

"Oh. Why didn't you just sleep with me, baby?" Jack's large hand gently moves up and down against my lower back.

I just shrug, not really paying him any attention.

I feel him wrap both his arms fully around me and he leans down to kiss my forehead.

"I love you, baby. I'm sorry I've been upset with you. I had no reason to treat you like that." He whispers and I smile up at him.

"Love you too." I kiss his cheek. He pats my thigh before walking away to make himself some food.

"Bri, can I talk to you for a sec?" Nate announces and I gulp as I stand to follow him.

He leads us out back, continuing to walk down to the pool. He turns to me, not saying anything, just observing.

"What?" I ask when it's been at least a full minute.

He sighs and looks down at his own feet.

"Last night; you were really upset. I just- uh I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

I remember the kiss Gilinsky and Madison shared, remembering the awful words he said about me.

"Oh, yeah. I was just being dramatic. It's nothing, really Nate."

"Are you sure? Did Gilinsky do something to you that you're not telling me?" He grabs of my hand, stroking the back of it as he watches my every move.

When he says his name, Jack's big smile comes in mind, with Madison returning one, as they slowly lean into each other.

I close my eyes quickly, trying to flush the image out of my head.

"No of course not. By 'he' I meant my dad. He just pissed me off and I was drunk. Sorry if I had you worried." I assure him.

He questions my statement for a few before finally giving up and believing me.

"Okay, as long as you're fine now." He states, pulling me by my arms for a hug.

"I love you with all of my fucking heart. Never forget that I'm always here for you." He tells me and I nod my head between the crook of his neck.