071

"I can't believe you're gonna be leaving soon. What the hell will I do without you and Gilinsky?" I ask Johnson and he smirks over at me, twirling the basketball around his finger.

"Probably alternate between fucking Hayes and Nate everyday."

My mouth falls open, pure shock taking over my face.

I smack his arm, making us both laugh.

"You bitch. That's definitely not true." I say through giggles.

"Yeah, okay."

"Honestly. I'll probably be single for a while. Plus Hayes moved back to North Carolina last week and nate hasn't been really talking to me much. I guess him and Jess are actually trying to make things work." I tell him.

He takes a shot, making it in the hoop. "Damn, so he just ditched your ass like that? That must suck."

I sigh, dusting off my shirt with my hands. "Yeah it does. Makes me fucking irritated, but not my problem. I'm just living the single life."

"Really? No Gilinsky this time?"

"No, jack and I are shouldn't be together and that's clear. Of course I love him, but I know what's best for me right now. We're toxic and it's not a good situation for us or anyone around us."

"Good thing you finally fingered that out." He chuckles and I smile.

"Hey guys, didn't know y'all were out here." Sammy says; him and Nash walking out, Gilinsky trailing close behind.

"Yeah just chillin." Johnson announces.

"We need to all do something soon. Maybe the beach?" I ask and everyone nods, agreeing.

"We haven't been to the beach in a hot minute damn."

"We also haven't traveled all together in a hot minute." Sammy says and my eyes lit up.

"Oh my god, yes! We need to all go somewhere. Maybe we could fly to-" I start.

"Quick game anyone?" Nate asks, now walking out the house with jess on his back, clearly interrupting me.

He makes it over to us, setting her down and holds his hands out for the ball, Johnson quickly passing it to him.

"Yeah for sure. Quick two verse three and the girls can just watch." Nash says.

Me and jess get the hint and walk over to the chairs next to their court.

I pull out my phone, going to Hayes' thread in my messages. I really miss him and the fact that I have to face all this shit alone makes it even worst.

iMessage to Hayes 🐟💏
thinking about you
Sent 4:56 pm

I lock my phone, not really interested in anything else. I glance back at the pool, thinking about taking a quick dip by myself.

My phone dings, vanishing the thought from me head.

iMessage from Hayes 🐟💏
Good. Thought I was the only one not being able to get you out of my head 24/7
Read 4:58 pm

I smile, leaning back in my chair. God, I wish he was here.

iMessage to Hayes 🐟💏
i miss you, pls come back to LA
Sent 4:58 pm

iMessage from Hayes 🐟💏
Soon babygirl. Trying to make it to where when I come back I won't ever leave you again 💙
Read 5:00 pm

My cheeks heat up, me not being able to stop blushing.

I glance from my phone, seeing Jess looking over at me. Me and her aren't exactly on the best terms right now, we barely talk anymore.