Chapter 23 - My Stance was like the Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Soo... I'm bored of work and want to do something else. I was going to watch a film but after 10 minutes of not knowing what to watch, I decided against it and thought I might aswell write another chapter to this story!

I know, I'm a terrible student. I should really do my work. HOWEVER, it's not in until Tuesday and so I think I can put it off for a few hours ;) YOU'RE WELCOME.

Oh, and after this, I still probably wont do work because I'm so lazy.. so any film suggestions would be great ;) OKAY 

-----------------------------------------------------

For the first time in a long while, I heard my mum get up for work. 

I'd struggled to sleep to such an extent that I'd ended up crying because I couldn't fall asleep.

Sad right?

Honestly, though, I didn't really want to sleep. Sleep made time go faster and I didn't want time to go fast. I really didn't want the end of college to happen. I actually wished that I could stay in college forever. I didn't want to see Kai or his beaten up brother or any of those strange people hanging around in that house. I didn't want to see the other gang Kai demanded I identify nor did I want to move from my bed to risk seeing him even before all of that took place. 

This is what convinced me to stay off college for the first time since primary school. I was rarely sick, despite my condition. All I got was visions. I guess having this 'gift' had to come with some positives. Seeing things definitely wasn't something I liked. 

I had wanted my condition to disappear before but now I wished desperately on my life that it could disappear for me. I just wanted something to go well for me for once. The whole condition had been nothing but a bother to me. 

I wasn't able to touch people how I wanted to, I wasn't able to act like most people were able to. I wasn't able to do anything without the stupid condition getting in the way. It was slowly taking over my life. I knew that Kai would never leave me alone after this. He would come to me whenever he wanted something and he would demand that I tell him what I saw. 

I wished that I hadn't told him.

I'd been too stupid to blame more than one person. In fact, I was surprised that Adam hadn't managed to find a way to take advantage of me.

As soon as I thought that, I felt terrible. Adam was a wonderful friend and he'd been so lovely to me since the first time he'd met me and realised what I had. He probably didn't like the condition almost as much as me because it allowed me to see what he suffered behind closed doors and I knew he liked his privacy. 

How could I not have seen the way Kai had changed around me? How could I have not realised that he would be the kind of person who would use me in this way? I know he didn't mean to and he felt bad for using me; his face screamed guilt last night as he'd watched me in tears. He was only using me because his family was in danger. He clearly adored his brother and wanted to protect him. Knowing that I had a power to see what had happened to the exact fact, there was no question whether he was going to use me or not. I just hoped that, after all this had blown over, he would let me go and leave me alone.

I couldn't believe that I'd wanted to kiss him so badly. He'd taken my first kiss and a few days later he'd abused my feelings and taken advantage of me. I knew he didn't want to kiss me and it was probably because he was in the mess that he was in. In a twisted way, he'd tried to protect me from getting hurt.

It hadn't worked out too well.

For the rest of my life, I'd remember my first kiss and how everything went downhill from there. No wonder my mother never wanted me to say anything to anyone. I was such an idiot and so naive that I'd fallen into a trap I couldn't get out of.