Chapter 33 - Quick on his Feet

So I'm up at 6:23am writing this because my boyfriend woke me up when he was going to work... so you can thank him for the update :)

WARNING: GOREY GALORE

----------------------------

Adam had gone by the time I'd got up.

Again.

Seriously, did I sleep like a dead person?

How could I not feel him getting up, getting changed and leaving early in the morning?

I couldn't deny the fact that I was disappointed. I wanted to be able to at least wake up beside him. I wanted to see him sleep, as if that wasn't creepy at all. 

We had been successful in hiding him upstairs because my mum had called to say that she was going to be hanging out with Richard at his house. I couldn't even imagine what his house looked like. Did he have kids? Did he have more than one toilet? Did he have any pets? Was it messy?

I couldn't imagine Richard owning anything or, if he did own something then it was something antique and old (same thing, right?) with an extra dust layer. 

It wasn't as if I didn't like him or anything. I just thought my mum would go for someone with more of a backbone.

I'm sure he was a lovely person deep down under all that shivering.

Anyway, back to the point, I didn't feel Adam get up and I was sure that he probably looked at my relaxed mouth open sleeping like I was some kind of Goddess and left me because I was so beautiful when I was unconscious. That was definitely the case.

My cheeks warmed at the thought of him studying me when I was unable to control my facial expressions. He could have at least nudged me to make me feel better about looking like a zombie so I could look half decent before he left. Instead, I was left with a warm bed and an empty pillow. 

College was not the place I wanted to be right now.

I'd organised to meet up with Kai after class and I knew he wasn't going to be happy. He was going to want me to meet loads of these nasty people and, funnily enough, I wasn't in the mood. After realising that I could control my powers like my nan said I would be able to, I had practiced all night until my head was mush and me and Adam had collapsed in exhaustion. It was weird knowing that I could touch his skin without seeing anything if I focussed on what was going on.

Adam found it amusing how fascinated I was by my power and took every opportunity to try and surprise me with touches to see if I could handle it. I still jumped but it was getting easier to push the visions down and Adam could no longer tell if I was having them besides the odd flash in my eye which he only caught when he was completely focussed on me.

I was going to have to be careful with Kai but I knew that I could handle it. Adam would back me up if anything was wrong. He said he was going to hang out after class and sit in his car to watch me speak to Kai in case I needed help. I hoped that he was quick on his feet.

After PE, Adam was waiting for me and he pulled me into a small hug. I could see the rest of the classmates glaring at us, wondering why Adam would bother coming close to me. They looked disgusted that he was touching me but I really didn't care. I focussed on his arms safely caging me to his chest and sighed into his body as his breath tickled myneck.

"You'll be fine." He whispered and I felt his lips press against the top of my head as a slight flash darted across my sight. I pulled back and gave him a gentle smile and eventually he let me go.

We'd decided to let me go out first so that it wouldn't look dodgy if Adam sat in his car a bit too long. At least he would be able to get himself ready to leave whilst I was sorting stuff out with Kai.